Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    1.jpg

Aspire Tekno 30W Pod MTL Kit 1300mAh
    This advanced mod Pod device is the latest creation from Aspire; the device is equipped with a screen with a 0.69 "Oled display, the user control relies on the ASP chipset which, in addition to providing various security options, manages 3 different Puff activation systems, allows the power regulation to be blocked and offers the icon on the display of the recharge with percentage remaining at the completion of the operation.

2.jpg

In the package there are two different cartridges, one supports the AVP-Coil range and the other the BP-Coil range!
    The highly effective AFC system is able to ensure a perfect MTL vape, moreover the safety valve for the refill is spring loaded and guarantees perfect leak tightness.
    Enjoy the reading.

3.jpg

Packaging:
    This "sample" package has all the air of not being the definitive one but only the one sent to reviewers. On the front there is an image of this item, the name of the product (Tekno), a list of colors with a check on the one contained inside the box (Gunmetal Serpeggiante).

On the side there are: once again the color indication, a barcode and the scratch & check to verify the originality.

4.jpg

Packing list:
    1 x Tekno 30W device
    1 x Tekno Pod 3.0ml with AVP Pro Coil 0.65Ω range 15-18W
    1 x Tekno Pod 3,5ml with BP Coil 1.0Ω range 10-16W
    1 x Type-C Cable
    1 x User Manual

5.jpg

Characteristics and dimensions:
    • Materials: Zinc alloy, pctg
    • Dimensions: 94.5x31.5x 18mm
    • Weight: 80g
    • Battery: built-in 1300mAh
    • Output power: 1-30W
    • Supported resistance range: 0.3-3.50Ω
    • Puff: Auto Draw, Button Fire, Auto Draw + Button Fire (A, B, A + B)
    • Screen: 0.69 inch OLED
    • AFC: Side airflow adjustment
    • Compatible with POD-AVP Pro for Coil AVP Pro + RBA AVP Pro
    • Compatible with BP-POD for BP Coil + RBA BP
    • Refil: From below with valve + safety spring
    • USB-C charging

6.jpg

Available colours:
    Digital Red, Gunmetal Serpeggiante, Feather White, Carbon Fiber Black, Rainbow Wave.

7.jpg

First impressions:
    After starting to play with the new Aspire Tekno 30W, I realized how much this device (in this category of Mod Pod) was a concentrate of technology, with nothing to envy to its already very advanced sister BP60.
    Tekno is beautiful, massive and small, these 3 adjectives would be enough to define the new Aspire Mod-Pod, but let's see why ...

8.jpg

Before starting to describe the details and to better understand the dimensions and characteristics of this item, I invite you to view the images below; the classic comparison with the lighter and the "exploded view" which represents its components.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    I find the various color combinations proposed by Aspire aesthetically appealing, the device has a zinc alloy frame for all combinations, what changes is the type of decorative insert.
    Maybe I got the chromatic version I would have chosen (yes I know I'm lucky). This variant called "Gunmetal Serpeggiante" is perhaps the cause of a translation error, because I find no connection between the eventual snake scale decoration with the beautiful and very fine one in stabilized wood present on the Pod.
    The Fire key is very comfortable to operate with the thumb and is located at the right height, the words "Tekno" and "Aspire" appear one on each side above the wooden inserts.

11.jpg

Aspire Tekno uses a screen with a 0.69 "oled display to interface with the user, so there are no colored notification LEDs to interpret. Like a real Mod Box, the information useful for vaping are all present on the display, the Fonts are well lit and visible effortlessly.

12.jpg

The AFC system in my opinion is excellently made for MTL vaping! In practice, it uses a well-braked and precise gate system in selecting the different degree of opening for the passage of air.
    By operating the lever downwards, the window begins to discover a small semicircle, continuing in the opening you discover a second larger semicircle which combined with the first allows a pleasant and contrasted RDL vape.

13.jpg

14.jpg

In addition to the contact pins, the Compartment/pod contains two small magnets that effectively hold the cartridge.
    The Puff-automatic system appears to be of the two-way type, controlled by two small silver-colored pins that fit inside the cartridge.

On the bottom of Tekno are present; the logo, the brand, the geographical indication of origin and the USB-C charging socket.

15.jpg

AVP and BP Pod System:

For this kit Aspire went big, equipped Tekno with two different cartridges; Tekno Pod 3.5ml compatible with BP Coil + BP RBA and Tekno Pod 3.0ml compatible with AVP Pro Coil, also in this second cartridge the RBA module is available (sold separately) for "do it yourself" coil lovers.

16.jpg

Both cartridges have the same ergonomic lip design and offer good visibility of the liquid contained. The coils are inserted with the "press and pull" method.
    The refilling system is the highlight! It uses a safety valve with a contrast spring for a precise return to its seat. Filling the cartridge with commonly used dispensers equipped with a plastic spout is simple, clean and immediate.
    In my opinion this type of refill should be implemented on all pod systems on the market.

* When installing a new coil, let it sit for at least 5 minutes after refilling. Do not let the pod empty completely, fill the capsule to avoid damage to the coil.

17.jpg

Operation Guide:
    - Quickly press the fire button 5 times to turn on / off the device
    - Press the fire button and the adjustment button together to lock the power. The padlock icon appears on the display.
    - Quickly press the fire button 3 times to choose the following vaping MODES:
    • Mode A: automatic extraction only
    • Mode B: activation button only
    • AB mode: automatic extraction + activation button

How to adjust the output power?
    It is very easy to adjust the output power. Just click the power adjustment button, the output power increases by 1W per click. You can only increase the potency. To reduce the power, it is necessary to reach the maximum value (30W), then click the button again to start again from 1W.

18.jpg

1.300mAh Battery:
    During the charging phase via the USB-C port, the screen shows an icon with a percentage of progress, the maximum charging current is 1A, the recommended charging voltage is 5V. It takes about 60 minutes for the device to fully charge.
    * If you press the Fire button while charging, the battery will stop charging to ensure your safety.

To give a lot of autonomy, Aspire has managed to insert a "big" 1,300mAh battery in a small device like Tekno! The performance is constant during use and the management of the charge seemed excellent to me. During the entire battery charge cycle, with BP Coil 1.0Ω range 10-16W to 12W I consumed about 7ml of liquid. With AVP Pro Coil from 0.65Ω range 15-18W to 16W the consumption was about 6ml.

Security notifications:
    - The delivery stops after exceeding a time of 7s of a single Puff and the screen will show "Over 7s"
    - In case of no connection, the screen will show "Check Atomizer"
    - In case of a short circuit, the screen will display "Atomizer short"
    - In case of low voltage the screen will show "Low Res"
    - In case of low voltage the screen will show "Low Battery"
    - The battery charge stops automatically when it reaches 100%.
    - In case of overheating the screen will display "Too Hot"

19.jpg

Vaping test and final conclusions:

For this test with both Coils supplied, I used two different 50/50 liquids; one creamy and the other with synthetic tobacco. After an intense use of about 10 days both resistors still work fine.
    My impressions for these Aspire coils mirror the very good ones already received with the latest tested devices the 60W Nautilus Prime X and the Pod-Mod AVP Cube.

- BP Coil 1.0Ω range 10-16W
    This resistance is recommended for use between 10-16W. I started at 10W with AFC slightly open, then increased to 12W and then 14W this time with 50% open airflow. The aromatic yield of this coil with this last configuration fully reflects my expectations of powerful and tasty MTL. Obviously, the Aria regulation can be closed more, even completely suffocating the puff (if desired), thus slightly increasing the Hit and heat.

- AVP Pro Coil 0.65Ω range 15-18W
    This Mesh-Coil is recommended to be used between 15-18W, I must say that I like it even more than the previous one, moreover I find it adaptable to different AFC opening percentages, you can get a warm, powerful and hit MTL Puff. By increasing the AFC aperture over 50% in full RDL configuration the aromatic yield becomes excellent with good production of dense vapor.

As you may have guessed, I like Aspire Tekno! Especially in the received coloring.
    Aspire Tekno 30W is really small and solid, there are two different cartridges, equipped with a fast, effective and clean filling system. In addition, there is the possibility of accessing numerous coils and two different RBAs for DIY.
    To please everyone, a simple but really effective AFC system has been developed in an MTL / RDL vaping range.
    The ASP chipset in addition to integrating the main safety functions, manages three different vaping modes including the possibility of blocking the power, protecting you from unwanted activations.
    Finally, the Display shows the battery level, coil resistance, volts and power. Let's be honest, what else do you need?

Thanks to Aspire for sending me the product for free in exchange for my evaluation.
    Aspire Tekno - Aspire® Official Site

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread