Aspire Zelos 50W kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
I have a new Aspire Zelos. The coil specs say to use minimum 18w, the salesperson told me to use 12w. If I go above 12w, the juice tastes burnt. Can you tell me what is the best setting for different types of PG/VG juice?
Do you mean the zelos 50w kit with the Nautilus 2 tank?
Aspire Zelos 50W kit - Aspire® Official Site
For Nautilus coils,we suggest e-juice,the vg proportion less than 50%, as the e-juice holes are not big eough to soak up high vg e-juice

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

K-9s

Apr 12, 2018
Georgia
It looks exactly like that one. This was my first experience with vaping, and I didn't know anything about VG or PG. I was sold one 80 VG and one 70 VG juice. I assumed they knew what they were doing. The juices together were almost as expensive as the Aspire Zelos. They work at 12w and I hate to throw them away. If I buy a 50 VG juice, what is the right wattage to use so it doesn't taste burned?

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It looks exactly like that one. This was my first experience with vaping, and I didn't know anything about VG or PG. I was sold one 80 VG and one 70 VG juice. I assumed they knew what they were doing. The juices together were almost as expensive as the Aspire Zelos. They work at 12w and I hate to throw them away. If I buy a 50 VG juice, what is the right wattage to use so it doesn't taste burned?
Start low, say 10w and work your way up a watt at a time until you find your sweet spot. Sweet spots are subjective and no one can tell you where yours is. Don't forget to play with airflow as well as watts.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The 10w made it bubble/gurgle and flood. I had to take it apart and clean it out. How does airflow affect wattage? I was told to leave it all the way open (yes, by the salesperson). If I restrict airflow, do I use higher wattage? Lower wattage?
Take these questions back to your intro thread. Generally less af less watts. How you draw also affects the coil.

hat.jr

Sep 26, 2017
I've used 50/50, 30/70 and Max VG in my Zelos kit without any problems. If you're using the .7 ohm coil, which is one of the two coils that comes with the kit, it has an 18 to 23 watt recommended range of use from Aspire and using 10 or 12 watts is probably too low a power setting and could lead to flooding of the coil which would cause it to gurgle. It's harder to understand why lack of power would lead to a burned taste, but let's leave that aside for the moment. The 1.8 ohm coil, which is the other coil in the Zelos kit, is rated for 10 - 14 watts and 12 watts would be a reasonable recommendation for that coil. The salesperson may have been mistaken about which coil was loaded in the tank. Try 18 - 23 watts. The correct wattage to use is always determined by the coil being used - not by the juice viscosity.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
And here is where subjectivity comes into play. Every drop in coil I've used I ran at the lower end or below recommended wattage. I also adjust watts and af to suit my juice regardless of drop in or rebuildable. The flavor is what drives setting up your tank for most. For some like myself lung hit rather than throat hit is more important. Only you @K-9s can figure out what you are chasing. Once you figure that out we can give you tips on tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread