Asvape micro pod kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Any ECF member in the US (I'm in the UK) has seen or received the "Asvape micro pod kit"?
It is provided with VW, has a slide panel/hidden display (a-la-billet-box), and replaceable pod and coils.

It looks interesting to me, as I need VW for my MTL style (I underpower the coil and chuff on/off while firing continously), pods are replaceable (albeit not available yet) as are the coils.

There is a single UK seller with stock but I'm holding - because of a negative customer review, and no other valid info and no reviews from true reviewers (those who bought it with their monies).

Any "Asvape micro pod kit" user here on ECF?

Thanks,

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So, is that a direct to colon vape?
It’s definitely a problem
upload_2019-7-15_19-15-30.jpg

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
This “Asvape” reminds me of my Wocket (great Pod BTW), because little attention is actually paid to the device. The goofy names end up hurting sales of potentially great devices. I almost didn’t order the Wocket because the silly name made it difficult to take seriously.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
This “Asvape” reminds me of my Wocket (great Pod BTW), because little attention is actually paid to the device. The goofy names end up hurting sales of potentially great devices. I almost didn’t order the Wocket because the silly name made it difficult to take seriously.
And that one invokes Elmer Fudd.

That wascally wabbit wapes a Wocket.

Reactions: stols001

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
From one day to another, eight major UK vape webshops have put the Asvape micro Pod system on sale, all with stock.

None of them, zero zitch - has the spare pods for the Asvape Micro for sale. I have contacted a couple of them via email, they don't plan to stock any spare for the Micro, only the replacement coils.

I already had problems with the Frenzy pod spares, but lukely I managed to get three extra pods from the biggest UK Web retailer.

I don't want to order from China, I can't stand the wait - and their "Send a video" requests everytime I contact them for any reason.

Am I unique in wanting the spare pods for such expensive pod system, or there is something I haven't grasped in the current flood of devices to the market?

Vape on,

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Asvape pod system is in the mail, as of now.
I don't need another (expensive) pod, but you know - curiosity killed the cat, I wanted to see it in person; the YT and written reviews don't say much technical about it, just "Press fire button, vape is good, go buy it - (so I get some more for free)" type of things.
I'll post my findings about it, next time.

Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Asvape pod system is in the mail, as of now.
I don't need another (expensive) pod, but you know - curiosity killed the cat, I wanted to see it in person; the YT and written reviews don't say much technical about it, just "Press fire button, vape is good, go buy it - (so I get some more for free)" type of things.
I'll post my findings about it, next time.
You're starting to remind me of me as you keep buying pods and making quirky comments to justify it LOL. That rabbit hole just keeps going and going and going and going... Looking forward to your review.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
15641540748248810449373509248922.jpg

Above, the Asvape compared to the Frenzy and the Orchid.

15641538968773724268711394704671.jpg

15641539585504697913009558229751.jpg

Here it is, first impression, the device is of good quality and without major design flaws.
First thing I did, replaced the drip tip, because the original is unsuitable for true MTL.
It cannot charge and vape, all other pods I have allows charging while vaping.
The coils are excellent for flavour. They are both mesh type.

Tricky thing, the 1 Ohm has the same airflow of the 0.5 Ohm, which make the Asvape unsuitable with 18 mg eliquids and higher with any coil.

The eliquid consumption is very high, compared to all other similar pod systems. Very odd if you MTL with it.

While airflow is adjustable and precise, it varies wildly if the magnetic cover is removed or not perfectly in place.
I guess, an Asvape car would run much faster - with the hood open.

The cover slide open, but the magnets repels in a specific position of the travel. So if you start fidgeting with the cover, probabilities are high - that it will fly to the floor.

This is all I can say after using it for a couple of hours. I'll post some more in the coming days, after some measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread