Asvape Zeta MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Original-Asvape-ZETA-MTL-RTA-22mm-2-5ml-Ceramic-Base-Heating-Chamber-Tank-Atomizer-E-cig.jpg

My friend who owns many KFs just received this rta and is falling in love. I have one on the way but was wondering if anyone here has one already. There aren't many reviews yet except for non-English speakers. I found this one:

I found mine here: Asvape Zeta 22mm MTL RTA | Rebuildable Atomizer – VaporDNA

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm not going to lie. I ordered one. Mostly because it made me force myself to scan the "live" instead of electronic check I was punished with by being on PTO so I could not approve it.

A little motivation never hurt. The tank was pretty motivating. LOL

Anna
Oh goody goody! I love having company. I pretty much trust my friend who is picky about MTLs. Plus, he's always having problems with leaking, dry hits, gurgles, etc.,lol, and he hasn't had one problem yet. Good sign! It must be very forgiving, lol.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I have one.
I ordered it when I was a MTL vaper but it turned up when I had become a DL vaper.
I did spend only a little time with it in between playing with an influx of new airier DL type rtas.
I did think it was a cool mtl rta and I did buy it because of the looks but it just arrived at the wrong time for me to be too interested in it. So it sits unused waiting for me to return to mtl vaping along with a couple of other unopened mtl rta's that turned up after I turned to the foggy side.

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I have one.
I ordered it when I was a MTL vaper but it turned up when I had become a DL vaper.
I did spend only a little time with it in between playing with an influx of new airier DL type rtas.
I did think it was a cool mtl rta and I did buy it because of the looks but it just arrived at the wrong time for me to be too interested in it. So it sits unused waiting for me to return to mtl vaping along with a couple of other unopened mtl rta's that turned up after I turned to the foggy side.
Gee, that's too bad. I'm bivapor:p. My daily rotation usually includes at least one DL and one MTL. But I didn't start out that way. It just evolved like that. If you don't get back to MTL I'm sure someone can take them off your hands.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I got mine yesterday. I am not only a procrastinator but one who is trying to a) cope with a move b) unpack enough to not have "totally" interesting work attire, and oh a billion other things like new job, new town etc. It might wind up being you. Guess we'll see.

Anna
:laugh:Omg***Nothing beats packing and moving, you win! If I don't get it done before you, I'm really a loser.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I got mine open (I really am no fan of all the rubix cube boxes of late, I mean a box with a hinge??) I read the instructions (just for fun) and now I'm off to watch some videos this looks like a bit of a project.... oof.

Anna

Those boxes mess with me too. They should at least warn you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well if I weren't such an impulse buyer maybe I would be warned by watching video or two.

Which I did and I have now scheduled for NEXT weekend that is not the type of thing I want to do as the Creep of Dread of OMG it's SUNDAY I gotta go to work tomorrow isn't hanging over my shoulder.

I have learned my lesson because the only thing WORSE than that was this one time I decided to rewick all my RTAs before going from Sierra Vista to Tucson. Pretty much everything that could go wrong did. So.....

My feedback is not going to be the first feedback only other than if complicated options make for good, this should be fine and also if I like it it's going on my squonk mod I won because I bet with all the added ceramic there is NO way that sucker is 2.5 ml. More like 1.4 ml. IF that.

Anna

• Optimistic
Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
My feedback is not going to be the first feedback only other than if complicated options make for good, this should be fine and also if I like it it's going on my squonk mod I won because I bet with all the added ceramic there is NO way that sucker is 2.5 ml. More like 1.4 ml. IF that.
I have bad news. That is not a squonk pin regardless of whether AmbitionZ gets it or not. That's an extra 510 pin with restricted AF option. A couple of MTLers piped in on the comments explaining it to him. I know, I got excited myself but then realized after really looking at it that it was impossible because the only AF is through the center (at least, from what I could gather).

The added ceramic is inside the air chamber posing no influence on the juice capacity of the tank, itself. I didn't use a syringe but I believe it is 2.5. Running it at 10W, I'm not too concerned with juice consumption but we'll see.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I know it's late but I got the Zeta built. I just built it the way it came to me even with those weird coils. I'll definitely put my own coils in it as soon as I need to. The included coils are reverse wrapped and have what looks like welded-on non-resistant legs. The coil itself is a dark matte gray, almost like a coil that's already been torched (sort of). They really should give info on it, but no. It's 10 wraps, 3mm ID and fired up perfectly the first time. The legs are 9mm long. If you push it all the way down it touches the top of the air hole (too close). On my ohms meter it's .94 ohms. On the Pico 21700 it's .88 ohms. (You decide).

You can try it but I would ditch the ceramic deck insert. It only poses a nuisance when building because it moves around and not sure, yet, if it makes a difference in the flavor. The ceramic dome, however, might be more useful because it reduces the chamber, for one.

Just got it done and still breaking in the wick but, yes, it's a lip licker! I find the AF interesting in that you can, contrary to one reviewer, set it in between the stops. It's comparable to my KFs on the smallest AF settings and it still holds flavor on the larger ones but you'd probably want a bigger or more complex coil for that. Although, the juice channels won't accommodate a large coil. Maybe a simple 3mm Clapton. I think with a little practice building it won't prove to be annoying at all. Should you buy this instead of another KF clone? If you want a small, sharp looking true MTL with top fill, yes......First build, no problems with wicking, leaking. As with all attys, only time will tell if this stays in my daily rotation. So far, so good.:)

ETA: My own coil will be a smaller ID so I don't have to fiddle with the wick fitting in the juice channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread