Atlantis Cotton Heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
ever since the discussion about the potential risk of using atlantis stock heads, there was talk of convincing Aspire to use cotton instead. has anyone heard any developments on this topic?

i myself only use rebuildables, but my brother does not and i bought him an atlantis for xmas, before i had found out about the potential health risks. told him not to buy any replacement heads until the cotton ones come out. but WILL the cotton ones come out? i tend to think so, so they could compete with Kanger.

i know a lot of people sent messages to aspire but can no longer find that discussion, so here goes. anyone heard anything?

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I am pretty sure the guys on reddit that got this whole stupid witch hunt started didnt take the material and get it tested, run through a gas chromatagraph or do any research besides using google and making assumptions.

Are you sure that a super heated coil toughing cotton is 100% perfectly safe? Is it safer that silica wicks? Is that safer than drawing air and heated smoke through a cigarette filter? You probably dont know... and neither do the guys who started this whole conspiracy... but they sure did pull up all sorts of studies that have absolutley nothing to do with the matter.

wait.... Well what a coincidence... kanger just happened to release a sub omh clearomizer tank, right after the atlantis... with organic cotton coils!!!

I just ordered the regular old radioactive, lead based, fiberglass insulation, ceramic death dust ones from Aspire. I am assuming they arent plotting the wholesale murder of their entire customer base. Maybe I am too trusting.

I have not seen or hear anything about the cotton coils...

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
ever since the discussion about the potential risk of using atlantis stock heads, there was talk of convincing Aspire to use cotton instead. has anyone heard any developments on this topic?

i myself only use rebuildables, but my brother does not and i bought him an atlantis for xmas, before i had found out about the potential health risks. told him not to buy any replacement heads until the cotton ones come out. but WILL the cotton ones come out? i tend to think so, so they could compete with Kanger.

i know a lot of people sent messages to aspire but can no longer find that discussion, so here goes. anyone heard anything?

I was going to post this exact question yesterday. Thanks for saving me the trouble :)

Eagerly awaiting info!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
There is nothing wrong with being concerned. Just use your head and don't let NEWS FLASH propaganda drive you.

Until someone with a clue actually does proper testing and finds an answer..............there may just as well NOT be a problem as some seem to think.
Did you know there is an organization of Manufacturers in China that is actually working to bring us the Safest most advanced products possible? These are TOP manufacturers working together for our benefit.

The sky has been falling since I was a child..............or longer. In 61 yrs. I have yet to be hit by a piece.:D

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA

Hey mate, sorry for some of the replies in this thread... it's a little embarrassing and I'm pretty hard to embarrass. The cotton heads came up last night below, and all the science behind this being an issue is below (mates, I know we can get invested in our purchases but science is our friend and no need to invent conspiracies):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ficial-statement-atlantis-coils-material.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/625096-aspire-atlantis-owner-6.html#post15204457

As posted by KC33, it looks like Aspire started rolling out cotton heads, but isn't marking the boxes so there's no way to know what you're getting without opening the blister pack and poking inside. Kidney Puncher apparently decided to check, set them aside and sell them as cotton.

In addition to the health & safety aspects, they've stated that the cotton tastes better than the fiberglass/ceramic fibers, so I guess they're keeping it quiet with no PR releases to protect their supply chain so stores aren't stuck with really expensive coils people don't want because that's how Eigate/Aspire rolls.

This is only the Atlantis coils right now, and it isn't widespread; BVCs for BDCs haven't popped up to my knowledge.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Hey mate, sorry for some of the replies in this thread... it's a little embarrassing and I'm pretty hard to embarrass. The cotton heads came up last night below, and all the science behind this being an issue is below (mates, I know we can get invested in our purchases but science is our friend and no need to invent conspiracies):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ficial-statement-atlantis-coils-material.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/625096-aspire-atlantis-owner-6.html#post15204457

As posted by KC33, it looks like Aspire started rolling out cotton heads, but isn't marking the boxes so there's no way to know what you're getting without opening the blister pack and poking inside. Kidney Puncher apparently decided to check, set them aside and sell them as cotton.

In addition to the health & safety aspects, they've stated that the cotton tastes better than the fiberglass/ceramic fibers, so I guess they're keeping it quiet with no PR releases to protect their supply chain so stores aren't stuck with really expensive coils people don't want because that's how Eigate/Aspire rolls.

This is only the Atlantis coils right now, and it isn't widespread; BVCs for BDCs haven't popped up to my knowledge.

good to know. big ups to KP. thanks for sharing!

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
The new cotton heads work really well at 30 watts (after about 1ml break-in) both flavor and vapor!! I've been doing side by side comparisons to my subtank mini and honestly I feel like its a tie strictly going on vapor and flavor. The added capacity, slightly easier fill and less wattage (25w) would just nudge the subtank mini ahead in total satisfaction.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Thanks for posting this KC33, so they snuck um in the back door huh, without fanfare whilst celebrating their holidays and leaving the phones off the hook!

At least now I can take off my Atlantis particulate blocking mask and stop fiddlin' about rebuilding their coil heads with mixtures of rayon and insect infested cotton from my garden:facepalm:

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Was just looking at the Aspire Atlantis Owner thread and saw the post from Maseter1313 about the Nickle Atlantis heads being tested and thought to myself that if you can't burn the cotton wick using a temp control device, either DNA or the anticipated YiHi SX350, what a long lasting and tasty combination that will make!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread