Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I made a pair of build stands for the wife and I out of some cut outs from an old 2x4 I had laying around. I used a 2.25" hole saw to punch out the holes. Sanded off the top and bottom to get the them to match the interior of the wood. I threw them on a lathe to smooth them out, taper the tops and sand them silky smooth. Finished it up with a layer of clear coat I had laying around. I thought about staining them, but I really liked the wavy marbling of this wood and didn't want to cover it up. The only cost to me other than time was the 510 connectors i got from Amazon for $4.50 each. I probably could have gotten the 510 connectors cheaper if I had shopped around. All in all, I think they turned out pretty good.

mystands1-jpg.728759

mystands2-jpg.728761

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I made a pair of build stands for the wife and I out of some cut outs from an old 2x4 I had laying around. I used a 2.25" hole saw to punch out the holes. Sanded off the top and bottom to get the them to match the interior of the wood. I threw them on a lathe to smooth them out, taper the tops and sand them silky smooth. Finished it up with a layer of clear coat I had laying around. I thought about staining them, but I really liked the wavy marbling of this wood and didn't want to cover it up. The only cost to me other than time was the 510 connectors i got from Amazon for $4.50 each. I probably could have gotten the 510 connectors cheaper if I had shopped around. All in all, I think they turned out pretty good.

mystands1-jpg.728759

mystands2-jpg.728761
Nice!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I won one. I forget who the vendor was now, but it has a LOT of atomizer stands and useful stuff. I must say, (it was my first win) and one of my favorite things. Very handy and great craftsmanship.

I'd post a pic but it is currently inside the great Truck that is Crossing the state.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Is anyone out here using any? I usually just build on an ohm meter. I have seen a few beautiful wood ones as well as stainless.

Pics and suggestions welcomed.

I just use the meter thing that comes in the coil master kit or on the mod if it’s one I’m experienced in building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread