The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Atomizer/Coil problem

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by toth999, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. toth999

toth999 New Member

May 29, 2015
    At first, sorry if I use not the correct word, but I don't know the right names of the parts in English and I'm really new in the e-cigs :)

So my problem:

Since 3 months I used my simple eGo battery with my EVOD MT3 atomizer and with a VIGOR 2.2 ohm's coil, like this ************************************************************** This solution worked very well so I decided, I will buy something better.

I ordered an EVOD Twist battery (3.3V, 3.8V, 4.3V, 4.8V) from china and an other EVOD MT3 atomizer also. I realized, this atomizer has wider and longer pipe in the middle so I could not connect my old VIGOR coil.

OK it is not means problem I connected my new coil which arrived with the atomizer. When I started to use it, it had a very burned taste and I don't know why.
    This is my real problem. If you help, please share some information with me.

The coil is a Kanger or a Kanger replica I think it is not dual coil, but looks like this: *********************************************************************

Some other information:
    - I tried the coil with all Volts.
    - The resistance of the coil is about 3 ohm's (Checked with multimeter).
    - I tried to dry burned it, but nothing.

2. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    It's possible you used the coil before it had proper wicking, getting juice to the wick to prime it so it doesn't burn dry giving you a bad hit. If you've ruined the coil with a dry hit you'll have to replace it and possibly replace all the juice in the tank as well as it can become contaminated with the burnt taste. I don't know the resistance of the new coil but I doubt it can handle the full voltage of your new ego battery. Start low with power and increase slowly as you try the new tank/coil. If it gets to taste burnt, back it down. Good luck.

3. toth999

toth999 New Member

May 29, 2015
    Thanks for your reply. I will try it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.