Atomizer/Coil problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

toth999

May 29, 2015
At first, sorry if I use not the correct word, but I don't know the right names of the parts in English and I'm really new in the e-cigs :)

So my problem:

Since 3 months I used my simple eGo battery with my EVOD MT3 atomizer and with a VIGOR 2.2 ohm's coil, like this http://provaping.com/mystore/item/328/b/vigor-replacement-coil This solution worked very well so I decided, I will buy something better.

I ordered an EVOD Twist battery (3.3V, 3.8V, 4.3V, 4.8V) from china and an other EVOD MT3 atomizer also. I realized, this atomizer has wider and longer pipe in the middle so I could not connect my old VIGOR coil.

OK it is not means problem I connected my new coil which arrived with the atomizer. When I started to use it, it had a very burned taste and I don't know why.
This is my real problem. If you help, please share some information with me.

The coil is a Kanger or a Kanger replica I think it is not dual coil, but looks like this: http://viciousvapors.com/pohs/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/pro_coil.jpg

Some other information:
- I tried the coil with all Volts.
- The resistance of the coil is about 3 ohm's (Checked with multimeter).
- I tried to dry burned it, but nothing.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
It's possible you used the coil before it had proper wicking, getting juice to the wick to prime it so it doesn't burn dry giving you a bad hit. If you've ruined the coil with a dry hit you'll have to replace it and possibly replace all the juice in the tank as well as it can become contaminated with the burnt taste. I don't know the resistance of the new coil but I doubt it can handle the full voltage of your new ego battery. Start low with power and increase slowly as you try the new tank/coil. If it gets to taste burnt, back it down. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread