atopack dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
My hubby is on his 2nd Penguin- I just bought the Penguin SE for him after his 1st Penguin was not staying charged.
Great sale at 8Vape on these.
He owned the 1st Penguin for almost a year and loves that thing- no leaking, burnt coils or trouble until it didn't stay charged, being an internal battery it was bound to happen. He is rough with it too- works as a Pipefitter/welder and that goes to work with him every day.
How did the Penguin leak? My hubby's never leaked! Coil must not have been set in the tank right? Or the wrong eliquid- he uses 30pg/70vg
I have never used the Dolphin so I cannot comment on what is wrong with yours.
How long have you owned the Dolphin? Maybe contact the vendor that sold this to you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am not sure that the vape you are describing exists. All mods and tanks can have issues from time to time.

For MTL vaping I'm sort of a fan of aspire (maybe an aspire zelos setup). Coils are cheaper than replacing cartridges, and it's a good beginner setup.

With that said, you really want to figure out your style of vaping, what you enjoy (e.g. more vapor, vs less, but at a higher nicotine level) and there is no mod or tank that is guaranteed to be trouble free 100% of the time.

If you post more about what type of vape you are looking for you may get more suggestions, etc.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
real question, what is the most reliable cig without leaking and a good hit that works no matter what?
Looks like your vaping MTL @ 1.2 ohms with a Internal 2100mAh Rechargeable Battery. You may want to consider AIO or Internal battery Mod + MTL tank/premade coils set up.
I would go the AIO Pod forum and ask the question in both forums (might want to also provide underlined information):
re: Vape Pod Systems
and also ask in the:
re: APV and Mods Discussion - VV/VW APV Discussion

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

nonnette

Feb 7, 2018
france
thanks Bob, I will look. Don't get me wrong, I have been vaping for 5 years now, along the way tried all sorts and I do like the dolpin/penguin My all time favorite has always been the kanger protank mini. I still have one as a spare if the joyetechs fail. I have a museum collection here and I think I know what I am talking about, but I DO appreciate the suggestions and I am certainly going to look at them.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
thanks Bob, I will look. Don't get me wrong, I have been vaping for 5 years now, along the way tried all sorts and I do like the dolpin/penguin My all time favorite has always been the kanger protank mini. I still have one as a spare if the joyetechs fail. I have a museum collection here and I think I know what I am talking about, but I DO appreciate the suggestions and I am certainly going to look at them.
I've been vaping for 9 years (had to one up you) and tried just about everything under the sun. I've standardized on the Penguin SE. I have two of them and been vaping on them since March. Lightweight, Not too large.Good battery and tank life. They've been rock solid no leaking and rock solid reliable.

Yes I expect that they will only last around a year or two. Since I alternate on the units. But they are cheap enough that it actually comes out less expensive than buying separate batteries.

The quality of the vape on the .60 is perfect for me.

anandroidid

Jun 29, 2018
I've been vaping for 9 years (had to one up you) and tried just about everything under the sun. I've standardized on the Penguin SE. I have two of them and been vaping on them since March. Lightweight, Not too large.Good battery and tank life. They've been rock solid no leaking and rock solid reliable.

Yes I expect that they will only last around a year or two. Since I alternate on the units. But they are cheap enough that it actually comes out less expensive than buying separate batteries.

The quality of the vape on the .60 is perfect for me.

Can I ask why you use the Penguin instead of the newer Dolphin? Would you call the 0.6 a restricted lung hit or an mtl?

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I found the problem, where the penguin has a metal clip to hold the cartridge down, with the dolphin it is plastic and after a few times taking the cartridge out for a refill, it just snaps off. result no proper contact with the power terminals... a rubber band solves it for now until I find a proper solution.
I have the same problem with my 2 dolphins, will not click into place. I've only had them for 3 months, has joyetech corrected this tab problem? I also had 2 original penguins, never a problem lasted me 1.5 years until the battery would no longer charge. Is the penguin se a better buy?

nonnette

Feb 7, 2018
france
I have the same problem with my 2 dolphins, will not click into place. I've only had them for 3 months, has joyetech corrected this tab problem? I also had 2 original penguins, never a problem lasted me 1.5 years until the battery would no longer charge. Is the penguin se a better buy?

I haven't made up my mind yet, I did report the problem at Joyetech it has been forwarded to the research department and haven't heard since...

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread