• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Attempting something, not sure how well it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

fetalisk

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
michigan
Ok so my favorite drink is basil lemonade, I have been trying to make a basil lemonade juice, unfortunately nobody seems to have a basil flavor so I ordered some basil essential oil. Well, it doesn't smell like basil at all it smells like cloves :( so I am soaking a few torn fresh basil leaves in some about 12 ml. Of vg. I heated it in the microwave for about 15 seconds thinking that it would help get the flavor out of the basil. Anyway I'm hoping this will give my lemonade juice a subtle basil flavor. Has anyone here ever tried anything similar to this? I've seen people talk about soaking tobacco in vg so I thought maybe it might work. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

DirtyJon

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2014
USA RVA
Let us no how it works. New my self to DIY and usually have herbs growing definitely sounds like a good idea try kinda squeezing or twisting the leaves right b4 soaking (but not so much that you rip the leaves) that helps release the flav better atleast when cooking. If that doesn't work you try making the extract yourself if your really wanting a punch. Actually just had thought steep the leaves in distilled water then strain and cut with your vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread