The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ATTN Uwell Caliburn users

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by kisianik, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kisianik

kisianik Full Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Hi
    As one of Caliburn users I encountered problem with opening pod cap/drip tip for refiling. On some pods it is very tight, a few times I had to use pliers and spend considerable amount of time still. I even contacted Uwell directly about this and had been told that the problem is known and basically I have to deal with that.
    The problem is hidden in inner top portion of the pod cap. There are 2 notches/teeth pointing down, those are going into juice fill holes and thus holding the cap in place. And in addition, it is very hard to grab the cap to pull it up, I wish it had some kind of bumps for better finger's traction.
    Here is the answer to this, the cheapest and the simplest possible.
    Get some cheap tweezers and bend tips inwards, creating hooks on both sides. Take a new pod and crab the cap from the top so the end points of those hooks will go under the outer cap sides from both sides of the pod, then gently pull up, one side at the time. It took me about 30 seconds to open tight fitted cap.

See simple, rudimentary pictures below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    Or, use a fingernail and lift out and up on one side and it pops off. Works just as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kisianik

kisianik Full Member

Jun 28, 2019
    I had a few very tight ones, fingernails did not work, after that I tried flat screwdriver and no luck as well. I almost broke fingernails.
    It depends.
    I wish life was that easy.
    I was pissed, so I did tweezers one.

4. Northstar6

Northstar6 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2019
    The only issue I have is with a brand new pod...admittedly it is very tight the first time you remove it and someone tight the second time.

However, I have incredibly short nails and can still manage to pop it off after about 30 seconds of struggling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.