Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Welcome to the new Ask the Vets-Answers sub-forum:

This is how the ATV process works:

1. New questions are posted to the ATV board. They are invisible except to mods.

2. Mods move them to this board, and make visible.

3. Vets respond to the questions, that they have answers for, and discuss any concerns you may have with the thread i.e. which questions can be deleted as they are spurious or incoherent. In practice one will probably just add their answer. Multiple replies are acceptable *see next bullet

4. Please remember etiquette: if some has answered a question, but you also wish to add your version, then PLEASE ensure that you do not make the first answerer look bad. Simply add "internal: <discuss discrepancy>" and then post your response to the question. If necessary, email them and tell them what you will be saying, or that they might change their answer, or whatever.

internal: all internals and bum posts will be cleaned out prior to returning to ATV

5. Mods will change incorrect titles, and irrelevant titles to a better version. All threads need to have a sensible, relevant title and if the OP doesn't provide that, a mod should change it. Titles such as "Help please" are worse than useless - change to, eg, "Why do my 510 batteries all die after 10 minutes?".

6. Mods move it back to the ATV board and set it visible. There is no race to complete this part of the process, and no reason why the question has to be answered within 24 or 48 hours. Some questions may benefit from a little delay.

7. If you don't know the answer precisely - DON'T ANSWER!! There is no rule that says we must answer; and an answer that basically says, "I have no idea", doesn't make ECF look good. Either leave it, or find the answer from other ECF senior members, then answer.

Moderators have make the final decision on what stays and what gets cleaned up prior to returning to ATV..

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
The potietial is beginning to show... we still might have to tie some loose ends, but this definately seems like a good thing...

Also, keep in mind that some questions might be hard to answer for the sole reason the members question is open for interpretation i.e. answers could very since one detail is left out...

This could be a good thing.. giving multiple senior members a chance to answer on their take of the the OP's request.

Basicly how the open forum questions get responses, but cleaned up for clarity. :D

thanks

LGD

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
but I think that if we are in a supposed serious field when answering as an expert there should be an automatic way in the system to remove all signatures ,nothing distracting could be better

Vet experiences shouldn't mean no personality... I believe we can share serious information and still keep it casual....

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Vet experiences shouldn't mean no personality... I believe we can share serious information and still keep it casual....

I was just posting an idea as a way to avoid mistakes or misunderstanding and to make the mods job easier but I am not again the little touch of refreshing signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread