AUGVAPE VX200 200W TC Box MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the VX200 200W TC Box mod from Augvape. The AUGVAPE VX200 200W TC Box mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvap...14083.html

Introduction

Augvape is a vaping manufacturer that doesn't release product for releasing products sake saturating the market but when they do release products they tend to be very good. Known more for Atty's recently they have started releasing devices and here we have their latest, the VX200. The VX200 is a super lightweight plastic device that has a metal look to it and in my opinion looks very similar to the Vaporesso Revenger. The device has a host of features including loads of operating modes, advanced TCR settings and user defined colour settings.
It does have a few cons but at it's price point it's more than worth a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x VX200 TC MOD (no cell)

1x USB Cable

1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The VX200 comes in pretty standard cardboard packaging and on opening i found i had received the Gun Metal version, it's also available in Black and Red. My first thoughts are mixed as the build quality and look for a plastic device is very good and until you pick it up the chassis actually looks metal with a matte finish. When handling though there is no mistaking this is all plastic as it's featherweight naturally giving it a cheap feel but there again it is cheap when it comes to the pocket. As i mentioned in the description the device has a very Vaporesso Revenger look to it but with a fire bar rather than button. We have translucent plastic panels front and back which apart from the front having the navigational buttons are identical. The main chassis is also made from a plastic material but as mentioned certainly the Gun Metal version has a metal appearance. The front houses the screen in the top section which can't be seen at all (not even the shape or size) until the display is on. Lower down we have the quite large navigational buttons followed by central bottom the micro USB port. The fire bar is to one side and quite stealthy in nature with only the very top section protruding slightly, the other side of the chassis has "AUGVAPE" carved into the plastic and at the top two ventilation slits for the chip. The base has safety stamps carved into the plastic and venting holes for the battery, then up top we have a central 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510.

VX200 Specs and Features:

Size: 45 x 29.2 x 87.5mm
Material: ABS + PC
Standby current: <100μA
Power Range: 5-200W
Firmware upgradeable
Voltage Range: 0.2-7.2V
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Output Current: 40A
Four Output Mode:VW/ VV/ Bypass/ TC
Battery: 2x 18650 cells (Not included)
Compact and small MOD inspired by cell phone
200W Max output by dual 18650 batteries
Four working modes: VW/ VV/ Bypass/ TC
1.3 inch large colour display with detailed information
Large side fire bar for easy operation
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Red, Gun Metal

Fitting The Batteries

The VX200 runs off dual 18650 batteries which are fitted by removing the back panel, their is a narrow notch either side to get your fingernails into to help with removal. The compartment looks tidy enough and the contacts are Gold plated and spring loaded. There is a fitted battery ribbon which is needed as the batteries sit deep and the panel snaps back into place securely, their are large strong magnets top and bottom. Their is no battery rattle and my only issue is the usual orientation is labelled Black on Black.

The Display

The Display is not the brightest, well to be honest if you set the colour in the menu to White on Black i don't really think there is anything wrong with the brightness it's actually the dark translucent panel which makes some colours appear dim. Some of the font is also small but indoors i had no issues and have known worse dimmed displays but outdoors it's a struggle to see. The colours of the font and accents can be custom set in the menu by picking different pre-set colours or define your own altering the RGB percentages. With a colour chosen which allows you to clearly see the display it's set out very well with plenty of information. The centre of the screen has an outline of a circle with the pre-heat (or wire type when in temp control) at the bottom to prevent the circles completion. On the circle there is a large dot that moves around the circle line as you alter wattage, voltage or temperature. In the centre of the circle we have the wattage, volts or temperature depending which mode you are in and can be altered in the usual manner with the navigational buttons. On the outside of the circular line we have small circles which have a second in them, these circles start to the left and move all the way around to the right, 11 in total which go from 0 seconds to 10 seconds. These circles are barely visible but as you vape they start lighting up corresponding to how long of a vape you take. Bottom left of the display we have the resistance, central are the 2 battery status bars and finally bottom right is voltage, this changes to watts when in temp, voltage or bypass modes.

Navigating The VX200

The VX200 is the usual 5 clicks of the fire bar to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and it both powers up and down instantly. Everything on this device apart from the adjustment of wattage, voltage or temperature is done using the menu system as their are no combination button presses and also no way of locking the device. To enter the menu system is 3 clicks of the fire button and once in the menu system you scroll between options using the navigational buttons and fire is select. The main screen of the menu system gives the following options, Variable Wattage, Temperature Control, Variable Voltage, Bypass, Settings and information, all screens in the menu system have a final option of Back to take you to the main screen. When choosing Variable Wattage it gives you the options of Normal, Soft or Hard, Temperature control gives you the options of SS316, Ti, NI200, TCR Basic, TCR Advanced (this will be of interest to TC users) and ohms lock. Variable Voltage is just that and Bypass operates with the batteries in series. When choosing Settings you get another list of options which are, Auto Mode (smartly gives suitable wattage dependant on resistance), Cut off time, Standby, LCD Colour Set (choose between Orange Red, Olive Green, Sky Blue, White & Black and User Defined), when choosing user defined you alter RGB percentages to get the colour you want, the final options in the list are Language and Factory Default. Going back to the main menu screen and the final option is Information, when choosing this you can get hardware and firmware information and also this is where you choose the option for firmware updates, finally in the information list we have Statistics which gives all sorts of information including puffs, average vape time and average wattage. So the VX200 has plenty of modes and features but no curves, no device lock and no way of altering wattage for temp control.

Performance

I don't vape using temp control and do not have access to data so simply use the device and say how it performed for me in the way i used it. I used the device with the Doggystyle, Serpent Elevate, Zeus X and the Brunhilde and at all the various wattage's it performed perfectly well, firing instantly and seemed accurate, wattage adjusts in 1w increments from 5w all the way up to 200w. The device feels cheap out the box while weighing nothing but once the weight of the batteries are added it feels a really nice device and very ergonomic as these Revenger type shaped device's are. The fire bar has a nice click but needs to be clicked very high up, even when pressing a third of the way down it won't fire so a con for me as this means you might as well of had a button. The dimness of the display due to the dark translucent panel is another con as you can't see the display very well outdoors, but i do like the display and real time information as well as it's colour customisation. Having so many modes including variable voltage is another pro but for those like me who like using custom curves there is no curves feature. I don't use TC but having advanced TCR settings is another pro but it seems strange it has this yet you can't set wattage, the final cons is the device can't be locked and it's one hell of a fingerprint magnet. The VX200 will accommodate up to 26mm atty's with no kind of overhang and even 28mm only overhang the bevelled edging and not the device it'self. The PCB and positioning has been designed to cut down on wiring to increase efficiency and dual 18650 batteries feel more like 21700 when it comes to battery life, the VX200 is fully firmware upgradeable.

It may be a plastic mod but it's made very well
Aesthetically appealing (objective)
Chassis has metal appearance (can't speak for the Black or Red versions)
Featherweight (feels cheap without batteries, but once batteries installed feels a nice device)
Nice display and customisation (but is dim due to dark translucent panel)
Ergonomic
Efficient (very good battery life)
Variable Wattage, Voltage and Bypass
Temp control (not tested)
Advanced TCR settings
1w increment adjustments
Stealth Fire Bar
Fires instantly
Statistics screen
Can accommodate up to 28mm atty's without overhanging device
Centrally positioned 510
Secure battery door
Firmware upgradeable
Very good price

Cons

Display difficult to see outdoors
Sub menus (can take time to alter settings but very easy)
Can't lock the device
Can't set wattage for temp control
Fire bar only clicks at the very top
Fingerprint magnet
Black on Black battery orientation

Objective Cons

Plastic Device
No Curves Feature

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the AUGVAPE VX200 200W TC Box MOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvap...14083.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread