Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Augvape VX217 mod

1.jpg

These are times when Pod Mods of various shapes and sizes are all the rage and I've been testing quite a few lately. So this is a special occasion because I can test and review a real Dual Battery Box mod. Augvape claims that their new VX217 box mod is not only the smallest dual-21700 battery ever made, but is also capable of delivering up to 12V which is pretty rare, especially in this price range.

Enjoy the reading

Augvape VX217 Packaging and Presentation:
    The new Augvape mod comes in a standard cardboard box with an image of the device on the front and a list of the contents, the scratch & check, the address of the manufacturer and the various logos & brands on the back.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Package contents:

1 Augvape VX217 Mod
    1 Type C charging cable
    1 dual 18650 adapter
    1 User manual
    1 Warranty card

4.jpg

Parameters Augvape VX217 Box Mod:
    Material: Zinc alloy
    Measurements: 80x49x42mm
    Weight: 187 grams
    Display: 1.3 inch color
    Power range: 5-217W
    Voltage range: 0.5-12V.
    Resistance range: 0.05-3Ω
    Battery: Double 21700/20700/18650 batteries (not included)
    Charging: Rapid Type-C 1.2A

5.jpg

6.jpg

Available colours:
    Black, gray, green.

7.jpg

VX217 Mod Design:

The Augvape VX217 is a surprisingly low mod (80mm), wide in the back and quite narrow in the front. Being designed to house two 21700s, I was worried it might be overly bulky, however I found that thanks to its curved edges and slightly recessed front control panel, it fits quite comfortably in the palm of my hand leaving the Fire button in the perfect position, to be pressed with both thumb and index finger.

8.jpg

The control buttons are slightly different from the usual, the Fire Button made of plastic material is very large and comfortable and offers good tactile feedback thanks to the surface texture.
    In the center covered with a smoked panel is a large 1.3-inch color display.

Instead of the usual Up / Down adjustment buttons Augvape used a wheel that serves both to adjust the wattage and to navigate within the submenus.
    This wheel is unusual for those used to typing on the keys, however it soon gets used to it and I must say that I don't mind at all when I use it.

At the bottom of the control panel is the 1.2A USB-C charging port.

9.jpg

The rear part of the mod at the point of contact with the palm of the hand is 49mm wide and connects to the front control panel by narrowing its section up to 42mm.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    On top of the mod, there is the spring loaded 510 connector slightly off-center towards the front, it can accommodate atomizers up to 30mm in diameter with zero protrusions.

11.jpg

The batteries are inserted from below via a hinged battery door.
    There are five vent holes for the cells on the outside of the door.

12.jpg

The zipper requires a little effort to open, however once closed it guarantees safety against unexpected and unwanted accidental opening. The polarities of the cells are clearly indicated both on the door and on the bottom of the compartment. I tried the usual range of batteries and was pleasantly surprised to find that my oversized Golisi 21700s are comfortably accommodated as well. There are no abnormal flapping noises with any of the solutions.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Screen and mode:

The large 1.3 inch color display is poorly lit, for some fonts in the menu I needed eyeglasses.
    The screen uses a 240x240RGB resolution and offers five different background colors.

On the main screen (VW Mode) are indicated; the vape time in the form of a numbered wheel (from 1 to 10s), the selected power, the lock / unlock icon, the type of delivery chosen, the Ohms of the coil, the Volts and the graphic level of residual charge of the cells A and B.

The VX217 Mod uses three different modes: VW, VV and bypass, in wattage mode there are three more options to get your preferred prehit type, "normal", "low" and "high"

15.jpg

16.jpg

The menu is structured in a clear and logical way, I never felt the need to consult the manual.
    The menu of the VX217 is accessed by clicking the fire button three times, inside it is navigated by turning the wheel, the options are confirmed with the Fire button.

Within the menu it is possible to unlock / unlock the set wattage.

Selecting the 'Setting' item we move to a secondary page where it is possible to adjust the time out from 1 to 10s, set the main color of the display, set the stand-by from 5 to 60s, change the language (only between English and Chinese ). To cancel there is also the reset button which allows you to return to the factory settings.

By selecting the 'statistics' item we move to a secondary page where you can install any updates or obtain various info such as the number of puffs, their duration, the total vape time, the firmware version installed.

17.jpg

The VX217 mod features USB-C fast charging, as always, I recommend investing in an external charger rather than using the built-in charging feature, unless really needed.

18.jpg

Safety protections:

19.jpg

Conclusions:

Not only is the VX217 a dual battery mod, but it is compatible with 21700 cells, which are larger and last longer than the usual 18650. This means that you will get longer life than any dual 18650 battery.

The question arises, does the VX217 really reach 217W of maximum power? Considering that many dual 18650 mods boast 220W, I'm pretty sure 217W is realistic enough for a dual 21700 mod.

Another question: is the 12V output that relevant? Definitely not for the vast majority of vapers, that's for sure, but the idea that it can do it is suggestive and I'm sure there will be Vapers out there who can't wait to get their hands on this Mod to build their custom coils and to push them to the limit.

The VX217 is by no means a light mod also considering the construction materials used (zinc alloy) but what could one expect from a sturdy mod capable of hosting two such large cells? An important thing not to be underestimated is the form factor, classic but in my opinion guessed, moreover it is the smallest dual-21700 on the market, this contributes greatly to making it very compact with good portability despite the high weight.

Other positive aspects of this Mod are the speed of activation and the speed with which the power increases, I must say that in this respect the Augvape VX217 is an impressive device.

VX217 mod Pro:
    Compact for a dual 21700
    Great autonomy of vape
    Suitable to accommodate atomizers up to 30mm
    Works with 18650/20700/21700 batteries
    Provides 12 volts (for those who need it)
    Convenient price

VX217 mod Tips:
    Heavy enough but that's not a limit (for me)

If you are interested in this mod you can find it from Sourcemore for the price of $ 31.39 using the discount code: VX217M

Augvape VX217 Mod 217W Box Mod dual 21700/20700/18650 cells

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread