Authentic Benecig Killer 260W VW Variable Wattage Box Mod - Black, Zinc Alloy + Carbon Fiber, 2 x 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Remind me again, what's the real world max wattage for a dual batt mod /18650's?

Take the batteries CDR (Continuous discharge rating) and multiply by 3 then multiply by the number of batteries. So for two 20A batteries that would be 120 watts. However, it's never good to run them at that max wattage, they won't last as long.

Hebe

Unresolved Status
Jun 14, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Greg Cumby

Jul 1, 2018
I absolutely love PWM mods .. I have 5 of them. To me they're like a mech mod that I can regulate by adjusting the voltage to my taste and within an acceptable limit of what my batteries are capable of. For instance today i'm vaping on a triple series PWM with a .16 ohm coil SO if this device were a full on mechanical series box I would be vaping 12 volts of power with .16 ohms at 75 Amps for a vape of ....ing 900 watts lololol SO I adjust my voltage down to 4.6 volts giving me a sensible (lol) amp rating of 28.75 for a vape equal to 132.25 watts .. it's pretty sweet actually and I'm running VCT4's in my mod with an amp rating of 30 amps .. So I'm safe at this level with some room to spare. I've ordered the Benecig and cant wait for it to arrive :thumbs:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Wow ! Really he was killed by a vape blowing up ? I need to get on Google and look it up. I wasn't aware of this story and yes naming it "Killer" was definitely I'll timed

First vape related death

Mechs, just don't, especially if you don't know what you're doing, know ohms law and battery safety....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Greg Cumby

Jul 1, 2018
Yup, stay away from them if you're inexperienced. One of the videos I watched around the incident said "the batteries were almost drained when it happened" so that tells me he pushed, and pushed, and pushed, on almost dead batteries. No wonder they went into full thermal breakdown. I have quite a few mechs, and prefer the PWM's for the extra safety they provide. Full on mechanicals I use at home. They're not something I carry about with batteries inside of them. Too much can go wrong if you're not fully present and aware.

Reactions: stylemessiah

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
it is called as mech mod by Benecig Official, is actually more functional than mechanical mod.

I just pressed the fire button on my mech mod 5 times. It fired 5 times. How is this mystery mod more functional pray tell? Does it do more than just act as an ecig? Does it perhaps vibrate, smoothing away those sore muscles at the end of a long day? Will it double as a portable bidet in emergency situations?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I absolutely love PWM mods .. I have 5 of them. To me they're like a mech mod that I can regulate by adjusting the voltage to my taste and within an acceptable limit of what my batteries are capable of. For instance today i'm vaping on a triple series PWM with a .16 ohm coil SO if this device were a full on mechanical series box I would be vaping 12 volts of power with .16 ohms at 75 Amps for a vape of ....ing 900 watts lololol SO I adjust my voltage down to 4.6 volts giving me a sensible (lol) amp rating of 28.75 for a vape equal to 132.25 watts .. it's pretty sweet actually and I'm running VCT4's in my mod with an amp rating of 30 amps .. So I'm safe at this level with some room to spare. I've ordered the Benecig and cant wait for it to arrive :thumbs:
This mod is neither mech or PWM. This is a Variable Voltage (DC to DC converter) device. It does not pulse the power on and off like a PWM does. It simply has a knob to adjust the voltage instead of buttons and a screen. There are almost no commercially available PWM box mods, they are pretty much a custom market thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread