The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Avid Artisan Daedalus automatic clapton coil maker

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by sonicbomb, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Like the title says, looks pretty good to me. Should retail for around $80

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    I like it better than the other one(coil master) from the demo vids... but I can buy a drill for cheaper and do more with it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Yeah, I saw the bow-like Coilmaster one and wasn't impressed. This does look really nice, but $80 is a hefty premium. All the work is being done by that coil spool holder, the other end is just a rectangular drill. There is a cheaper item on the market which is only a spool holder to do the wraps but you use you own drill. It's only ~$25, but has it's own issues in performance.

4. pappasmurfsharem

pappasmurfsharem Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    I wish they just sold the "coil jig" portion.

Since the drill the probably 90% of the cost.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pappasmurfsharem

Nov 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I've never ordered from them but I am sure others around here have. That's a pretty good deal and may grab one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    damn that's cheap... but no idea on the store.

8. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    I've shopped with Efun.top no problems to report. Only thing though is I just read reviews from peeps who purchased from vapehappy $79.99 with 25% off. Out of 30 reviews 2 were defective but vapehappy took care of it. Efun being in China don't know if it's defective then what?

9. pappasmurfsharem

Nov 15, 2013
    Got the Daedalus from efun.top today.

It's pretty much the greatest thing ever and is a much easier cost to swallow at $35 vs $70-80

The only thing you really need is the jig that comes with it the drill is just a bonus at that point

• Like Like x 1
  10. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Please give us an update after you've played with it. I really want to get one but can't decide if I want/need the drill. :D 3fvape has it for $46.99 free shipping. About the same as Efun.top with shipping.

11. pappasmurfsharem

Nov 15, 2013
    I have played it it. like I said, pretty much the best thing ever. It would be nice if you just buy the JIG though for like $10. its very plasticy I don't make coils that often since they last virtually forever. assuming you don't break the JIG though and you want claptons dual fused or single it works great, haven't played with the 3 core things yet, and don't really intend too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    :thumbs:

13. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I have one and it is worth every penny. I make juggernaut coils with mine. In my opinion it's the best investment ever. I got mine from Efun.top with no problems at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    I think mine was money well spent. $49.95 from Canvape. Don't use the clapton piece very often but
    i always use the drill portion and the clamp and swivels. Still wrap claptons by hand as I use a lot of ribbon wire. surprised how long the battery life is. I thought it would chew threw batteries but just the opposite. nice purchase and if I could do it over I would do it again for $49.95. CHEERS!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    I broke down & got one from Fasttech. I made fused Claptons easy peasy. I know you can just buy the jig portion now but I like that the drill is on the same level as the jig & I don't have to ask where the drill is. :thumbs:

16. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    How do you make juggernaut coils? Have to look that up.

17. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Parallel claptons claptoned with ribbon wire. 20161026_192109.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
  19. Kenndall

Kenndall Full Member

Dec 27, 2013
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    I have one on the way from fasttech. I have heard that some spools don't fit. Does anyone know if spools from lightning vapes will fit?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Got mine from Fasttech too. The wires I got from LightningVapes fits fine. Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.