AW Batteries...WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
ok I was doing some checking on the 302 atty since I'm not real familiar with it...

first thing I found was that you gotta be careful not to screw them on too tight...seems on some mods they're prone to shorting...which could complicate things...

second one supplier gave me a resistance on them of 3.5Ω +/-.03 ...but we'll go with your #

3.1Ω at 3.7V is an amp draw of 1.19A

so the rest of the math:
1190mA/550mAh= 2.16C ...60min/2.16C= 27.78min or 1666sec...given that you said 10sec long button presses that's about 166 button presses

*so how long does it take you to go through 166 button presses? round about 3 hours?...

EDIT:
now the regular AW 16340 batteries...FOR THAT ATTY SPECIFICALLY...the amp draw does not exceed the max drain of the battery (but it's close so they're getting stressed and may have to be removed from duty more frequently) of a max drain of 1.5A

so the math should kinda support that you got more time out of them
1190mA/750mAh=1.59C.. 60min/1.59C= 37.34min or 2264sec or on your 10 sec long button presses .. 226 presses..
given the difference you said between 3 hours on one and 4 on the other that's a difference of 60 presses in an hour... 60 presses in an hour is round about 180 presses in 3 hours 240 in 4 hours...

so to me yeah it sounds like the batteries are right in line for your vaping style unfortunately..
You know this should be your Avatar.
aadcf552.gif
:D but seriously
applause.gif
Beautiful deduction!

Got 4 18650 AW's ! Can't wait to drop one in my new Precious! They are great on Phidimus Woodimus with the LR attys ! But from what you told me i won't need the Lr attys on the Precious :D
Ooooo You have a Precccciouss! I'm super jealous right now! How is performing?
I love my AW 14500s. When's he going to do protected 3v CR2s?
Good news and bad news. He's going to make 14500 in LiMN chemistry, it will be around 4-6 weeks yet. I doubt he'll do the Cr2's though. I'll ask anyway. :thumb:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
no problems...just trying to help avoid headaches as far as figuring out if a charger or batteries are bad...

lol..and sorry I tried not to lose you on the math...thats why I showed the work...lol...that was probably more confusing than helpful though

LOL More I'm too lazy to follow it than how you did it. I do accounting all day so I get lazy when it comes to looking at math and figures I don't have to. The bottom line was all that matter. Now hubby will be in later to look it over because he loves stuff like that and he's the one that figured out the problem with the 302s. Plus he was smart enough to get out the caliper and measure the 801 and 302 connection depth. Your work will not be wasted as he will very much enjoy going through it and learning from it :)

Side note... I've purchased a total of 10 302 attys and they all test between 3.0 and 3.2 new. The one I'm using now tested 3.1 new and hubby tested it last night for me and it still tests at 3.1. His multimeter was not cheap, but not expensice either, but it is digital so I hope it's accurate. It is an Ideal Model #: 61-340. Everything else always tests where it should.

Thank you again!!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
LOL More I'm too lazy to follow it than how you did it. I do accounting all day so I get lazy when it comes to looking at math and figures I don't have to. The bottom line was all that matter. Now hubby will be in later to look it over because he loves stuff like that and he's the one that figured out the problem with the 302s. Plus he was smart enough to get out the caliper and measure the 801 and 302 connection depth. Your work will not be wasted as he will very much enjoy going through it and learning from it :)

Side note... I've purchased a total of 10 302 attys and they all test between 3.0 and 3.2 new. The one I'm using now tested 3.1 new and hubby tested it last night for me and it still tests at 3.1. His multimeter was not cheap, but not expensice either, but it is digital so I hope it's accurate. It is an Ideal Model #: 61-340. Everything else always tests where it should.

Thank you again!!

lol...understandable...
here are the math problems for him...
Amp draw is voltage/resistance
max drain rate for batteries is mAh rating*C rating /1000...and 60min/C rating...
that one gets reworked to amp draw in mA/ mAh rating to get exact C rating... and 60min/C rating...
the rest is simple multiplication and division as far as converting to seconds and # of button presses...

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
You know this should be your Avatar.
aadcf552.gif
:D but seriously
applause.gif
Beautiful deduction!

Ooooo You have a Precccciouss! I'm super jealous right now! How is performing?

Good news and bad news. He's going to make 14500 in LiMN chemistry, it will be around 4-6 weeks yet. I doubt he'll do the Cr2's though. I'll ask anyway. :thumb:

lol...thanks....

and by the way that 14500 news is the best damn news I've heard in a long time...up to this point there really are no 14500s that are really up to the job that we ask of them

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Quick are these the High Drain AW 14500? if they are can you pm me where you got them as not to post another supplier on Isaac"s site. Thanks

No, no, sorry. I should have specified. The AW 14500s I have are the standard (protected) Li-Ion. Above, Iken says they're going to make the 14500 LiMN.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
You got it lol
I know that there are standard protected Aw 14500's, but I can't tell you how they compare, I have a 14670 and a 17670 here to mess around with,but until Lr atties come through, I just can't vape at 3.7V. Even better news is that there is Limn in the following sizes 16340, 18500, 18650, and 26500.
yeah even the regular AW 14500s are just a little too underpowered if you're using anything with a lower resistance than about an 801 (lol so just about everything really)....and it's a shame because I like the battery size and form factor...but the fact that the amp draw exceeds the max drain rating causes for retiring alot of batteries before they really should have to be...

I imagine that the LiMN will fix that...which will make 14500 mods more feasable again...

really other than that the 18650 is overkill...the 16340 is essential though... and I think if anything was made for the 26500 it'd be sick 2300mAh at 20C discharge? that's 46A in 3min at maximum discharge...lol with that you could do like a multi LR atty array (and I mean like a 3-5 LR 510 atty array) it'd be like face tearing off amounts of vapor

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
The standard protected AW 14500's are great. Can't do any better than that... but they're Li-Ion and you can only get so much draw with that. So... LiMN 14500's with LR attys should be outstanding.

Try begging for the protected CR2's. You'll be a hero!
Exactly, I still favor the protected li-ion AW's when used in series, it provides a nice cool vape on an 801 or even a LR atty! i would imagine our next series is going to be dead-on. ;)
Quick are these the High Drain AW 14500? if they are can you pm me where you got them as not to post another supplier on Isaac"s site. Thanks
Lol really Cos, they're not out yet. I'm talking head to head with AW. Although I heard from somewhere, there may be another battery manufacture in the works of LiMN.

yeah even the regular AW 14500s are just a little too underpowered if you're using anything with a lower resistance than about an 801 (lol so just about everything really)....and it's a shame because I like the battery size and form factor...but the fact that the amp draw exceeds the max drain rating causes for retiring alot of batteries before they really should have to be...

I imagine that the LiMN will fix that...which will make 14500 mods more feasable again...

really other than that the 18650 is overkill...the 16340 is essential though... and I think if anything was made for the 26500 it'd be sick 2300mAh at 20C discharge? that's 46A in 3min at maximum discharge...lol with that you could do like a multi LR atty array (and I mean like a 3-5 LR 510 atty array) it'd be like face tearing off amounts of vapor
Absolutely a standard Aw will indeed drop down to 3.9-4.0v levels and remain that way till depleted. This does have it's plus's and also negatives. The Limn come off fresh at 4.2v and remain that way all the way through till the automatic cut-off becomes in effect. It's just all around beautiful on cartomizers and even in series. There is a thought floating around about a massive digitized mod that can handle a 26500 with built-in Afs. Lol This one's going to be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread