Awww snap! I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X.250.MRS.B.X

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Well after going back to smoking for a few years I have finslly decided gaping so for me again! Been 13 hours since my last stinky cigarette and honestly I feel great! I purchased my coworkers old setup. Aspire pegasus batt with aspire adjudtable tank (can't remember the name cuz im tired af). I'm really enjoying lots of vapor but I feel I don't get quite enough out of this one. Love warmth, flavor and tons of cloud. Any tips.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Well after going back to smoking for a few years I have finslly decided gaping so for me again! Been 13 hours since my last stinky cigarette and honestly I feel great! I purchased my coworkers old setup. Aspire Pegasus batt with aspire adjudtable tank (can't remember the name cuz im tired af). I'm really enjoying lots of vapor but I feel I don't get quite enough out of this one. Love warmth, flavor and tons of cloud. Any tips.
Hi and Welcome back.
You may need to increase the nicotine strength of your liquid if you are feeling unsatisfied or anxious.
What level are you using now?

all the best!
I

X.250.MRS.B.X

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Kamloops, B.C. Canada
What tank did you get it with? Aspire offers several tanks, and the ones like the Nautilus series are great at mtl, but will never give you big clouds if that's your goal.
I got the triton tank with it. I also went and bought a cleito yesterday but I don't really like that's it's non adjustable. Flavour is amazing tho.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got the triton tank with it. I also went and bought a cleito yesterday but I don't really like that's it's non adjustable. Flavour is amazing tho.

If it's the full size Triton, there are a bunch of coil options, including other manufacturers who make Atlantis style coils. The Cleito gets good feedback, but i didn't know you couldn't adjust airflow. That seems weird for that sort of tank.

X.250.MRS.B.X

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Kamloops, B.C. Canada
If it's the full size Triton, there are a bunch of coil options, including other manufacturers who make Atlantis style coils. The Cleito gets good feedback, but i didn't know you couldn't adjust airflow. That seems weird for that sort of tank.
It's a full size. Problem is my battery only goes to 70 w so the shop said i couldnt go to the higher coil. the cleito is an exo if that makes a difference

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's a full size. Problem is my battery only goes to 70 w so the shop said i couldnt go to the higher coil. the cleito is an exo if that makes a difference

70W is more than enough to run just about any compatible coil for that Triton. I can use a Triton compatible 0.3 ohm notch coil (Tobeco's coil) at 45W and get great cloud and flavor. I'm hard pressed to think of any Triton/Atlantis coil that would need more than 70W (50W IMO) to perform well. remember, all these factory coils come with way overinflated "recommended wattage" numbers that are usually not what you need to get good performance. Nothing against the Cleito, but I wouldn't toss that Triton tank quite yet. But yes, that Cleito with the top air is fixed, which sorta sucks, but it still may work out for you.

X.250.MRS.B.X

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Kamloops, B.C. Canada
70W is more than enough to run just about any compatible coil for that Triton. I can use a Triton compatible 0.3 ohm notch coil (Tobeco's coil) at 45W and get great cloud and flavor. I'm hard pressed to think of any Triton/Atlantis coil that would need more than 70W (50W IMO) to perform well. remember, all these factory coils come with way overinflated "recommended wattage" numbers that are usually not what you need to get good performance. Nothing against the Cleito, but I wouldn't toss that Triton tank quite yet. But yes, that Cleito with the top air is fixed, which sorta sucks, but it still may work out for you.
Hmmm. The coils I got are 40-50w can I run these bad boys at 45/50

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You can run them at any power setting that works for you. It's why it's best to take a new coil, prime it, let it soak in the tank with juice for a while, then start low and work your way up. When you hit your sweet spot, stop. It may or may not be within the "recommended" range. If it's not, that's fine. Typically it'll end up on the lower side of power for most folks.

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
For the sake of safety I'm going to quote Eskie from another thread: "Excessive temperature applied to a PG/VG mixture may result in the production of breakdown products such as formaldehyde..."

Assuming you stay within the manufacturer's recommended range for a coil, I'm guessing/hoping the above is unlikely.

My 0.6 ohm Smok coils are marked as: 20-50W, BEST 30-40W. I use them at 32W with my DIY liquid and rarely need to change the power setting unless I'm trying out a new flavour.

Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
For the sake of safety I'm going to quote Eskie from another thread: "Excessive temperature applied to a PG/VG mixture may result in the production of breakdown products such as formaldehyde..."

Assuming you stay within the manufacturer's recommended range for a coil, I'm guessing/hoping the above is unlikely.

My 0.6 ohm Smok coils are marked as: 20-50W, BEST 30-40W. I use them at 32W with my DIY liquid and rarely need to change the power setting unless I'm trying out a new flavour.

Keep in mind that another important factor in coil temperature is air flow.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome back to vaping. I would buy 12mg juice in a flavor compatible with your 6mg and up the nic. If 12mg too high you can tone it down with the 6mg. Triton is a good tank, maybe try different coils. Of course it may not be for you. Lot of options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread