Axial pro dual deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
I was sent the Axial pro dual by mistake from Twisted Messes and told just to keep it and I'll be sent my proper order. Now that I have it, I'm curious about the series deck. In what situation would I want to double my resistance? Wouldn't that just require more battery to run. I guess maybe for mech, but for a regulated mod that fires down to a .05 there really isn't much use for this deck...is there?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
There are uses for a regulated, even ones that allow resistance as low as 0.05 ohms, which not all do.

There is wire that is inherently low in resistance, Titanium and Ni200 as examples - series deck could bring a dual coil config above your devices limitations.

TC also benefits from higher resistance. Despite you are using the exact pair of coils, even at the same wattage, the higher resistance of a series deck will allow for a larger rise in resistance giving the device a wider window to work with.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
A series mech build on a regular RDA is done typically with two high(er) mass coils to get to the desired resistance, if you're a fan of big and funky coils like fused claptons, staple and such for example.
With the Axial you can achieve that with your standard coils to keep the mass down.

But it's nevertheless gimmicky.
When you switch from multi core fused to single core claptons for example, you can achieve the same result.
The latter just don't look as cool.

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
For standard builds -and to some extend single coil series builds- I'm with you darling.
But for series dual coil mech builds it's the opposite way. I can comfortably run my batteries down to about 3.3 resting voltage with my single clapton .45 to to .5ohm series build. Vapor production is insane from start to end as is the flavor. As a bonus the setup lasts for a whole day of medium to heavy vaping.
Sure, I can achieve the same flavor and vapor production with a fused build as well, but for the same results I have to build significantly lower, which would be around the .3ohm mark.
But that in turn results in less vaping time due to the higher ampdraw for no additional gain.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
So right now I have in my TM 24 pro a pair of coils that are running at a .11, would the run better an the series mod?
For standard builds -and to some extend single coil series builds- I'm with you darling.
But for series dual coil mech builds it's the opposite way. I can comfortably run my batteries down to about 3.3 resting voltage with my single clapton .45 to to .5ohm series build. Vapor production is insane from start to end as is the flavor. As a bonus the setup lasts for a whole day of medium to heavy vaping.
Sure, I can achieve the same flavor and vapor production with a fused build as well, but for the same results I have to build significantly lower, which would be around the .3ohm mark.
But that in turn results in less vaping time due to the higher ampdraw for no additional gain.

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
So I have a pair of .11 aliens I'm my TM 24 pro running at 140w, should they work better in the series deck. More resistance, wouldn't the rewire more power?
Very useful if you want to run a pair of .15 coils. Even on a regulated mod that would be a bonus. I took a look at that rda set and if I wanted to get into series decks that would be one I'd consider myself.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So I have a pair of .11 aliens I'm my TM 24 pro running at 140w, should they work better in the series deck. More resistance, wouldn't the rewire more power?

If using the same coils on a series deck vs a parallel, the orientation of the coils does not change anything but their resistance. The mass of the coils remains the same so on a regulated device technically the same power should result in the same outcome. I say should because the difference in resistance may exploit a deficiency or limitation with the device. But a regulated device will adjust voltage according to the resistance of your coils based on your prescribed power.

140 watts with a 0.11 ohm parallel build is roughly 4.0 volts at 36 amps

140 watts with a 0.44 ohm series build is roughly 7.85 volts at 18 amps.

Power is the same, voltage and current are adjusted based on resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread