Baby beast coils and rated ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Nolan

Jan 27, 2019
Hello all, this is my first post here.
I had a look online and couldn't find the answer to my question regarding baby beast coils.

So my question is this, i have a Smok Procolor 225w and the tfv8 big baby beast with a bigger bubble glass 3rd party replacement, holds 6 mls i think, the coil that I have at the moment, is rated at 40-80 watts @ 0.4 ohms, now my Procolor will read it down to 0.2 ohms, am i doing any damage or anything wrong by vaping it at 0.2 ohms. I'm vaping some berry blast 70/30 VG/PG 6mg nicotine e-liquid,
Many thanks
Jamie

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If your coil is rated at 0.4 ohm, there will be some variation say 0.3-0.5 ohm due to QC issues on manufacture. 0.2 ohm is outside the norm. Most likely the coil is not screwed in properly. Remount the tank and see. If it's still off it might be a bad coil. If another tank with a coil expected to be x ohm reads y Ohms too there may he a problem with the mod, most likely the 510 connector.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, what coil are you using, what mode on the vape, and what uh, are you using temp mode? If your coil is kanthal (you can check the specs) well, it's fluctuating probably because something is wrong.

If is a TC capable coil and you are using it in TC mode (that would be stainless steel, nickel and/or titanium, occasionally ceramic) you don't want to set the ohms either.

Watch a demo or two, its should help you figure it out.

It's smok, so I am a bit lost but I sort of have a feeing you are doing something majorly wrong with your mod settings. Possibly.

Anna

Reactions: greek mule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread