Back In Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
Generally a large "3rd generation" APV user, I got a bit tired of carrying around lightsaber or Motorola StarTac sized mods. Today I dusted off the old 510s, filled up a couple of blank carts, and, wriggled a drip tip off of my Kraken. I must say, that it is doing the job, and then some. So if anyone asks you if anybody "still uses 510s"? Point then in my direction.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Heh - y'know, this is one of my dirty vaping secrets. There are times when a stealthy little 510 is just the right thing. I use them with a higher nic juice, usually menthol + <some berry>, and they allow me to have a power vape in between meetings or in places I need/want to keep it on the DL.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Heh - y'know, this is one of my dirty vaping secrets. There are times when a stealthy little 510 is just the right thing. I use them with a higher nic juice, usually menthol + <some berry>, and they allow me to have a power vape in between meetings or in places I need/want to keep it on the DL.
Yesterday at work, me and my 510 took so many bathroom breaks people wondered if I had a bladder infection.

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
Always go back to the 510 for the incognito vape, and i love the feel of it too. Bought some kanger g5 clearos, they work and look excellent.

Just got some super shorty cartos. Fits in my hand perfectly, I can hide the light with barely any protruding from my hand. Wonderful stealth device.

IMG_20140224_112650.jpg

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
I have to admit I have stuck with them. I thought about buying a Provari, but it's heavy and bulky and complicated…I hate the look of a box mod...a 510 works fine for me...
If you don't mind stocking up on them because you WILL diminish the battery life and longevity, try them with LR 1.7 to 2.0 ohm cartos... Just as good a vape as any APV. My:2c:

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
If you don't mind stocking up on them because you WILL diminish the battery life and longevity, try them with LR 1.7 to 2.0 ohm cartos... Just as good a vape as any APV. My:2c:
Cartomizers are ok but I just hate the mess. I have used 'em all and they are so inconsistent with filler and performance. My answer was to start using short, mini disposable nano-type 510 clearomizers. And I've tried all of these as well but finally settled on these from Johnson Creek:

IMG_1996 copy.jpg

Make sure you choose the clear ones (not red). They're 1.8ohm and fit the Joye 510's perfectly. Don't let the 3 for $10 price throw you off. They last for weeks (I even rinse them out) and the flavor is just amazing. They are high quality disposable clearos. Like I said, I've tried all the "nano" clearomizers I could find ranging from $1.50 in bulk to $3.95 Kanger's and these from JC are solid. The mouth tip is threaded and they never leak.

P.S. the pen clip in the pic is from a cheap $1 tire gauge I bought at a dollar store. It clips to the clearomizer snugly. (Actually got that idea from somebody here at ECF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread