• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Back to analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Bummer, but there is TONS of info on here about coilbuilding if you ever change your mind. This forum would be a good place to start reading if you do decide to change your mind.... Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Good luck either way, but coilbuilding is fun, and a great skill to master. After startup costs, the cost is close to 0 and your coils will last months, with rewicking.

Anna

• Love
Reactions: capthook

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Replace the coil or switch to a back up tank or device! When I was a smoker I never ran out of cigarettes and with vaping I keep a ton of factory coils but if that failed I would switch to an RDA/RBA/RTA/RBTA but never pick up a killer stick again. Just me and my opinion though..........

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, the vaper's in Singapore, though to my understanding it's not impossible to find what you need with a bit of effort. Maybe he just wants to go back to smoking, as there are things he can DO, like learn how to REBUILD his own coils, (even factory head coils) if he wants to vape enough, heck, there are videos on doing that with many prebuilt coil heads.

Necessity is the mother of invention, so I'm guessing the guy is not finding vaping necessary for whatever reason.... :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is actually a case where I agree with you. I would not, as a visitor, try to find replacement coils. Not sure of the status of other NRT strategies in Singapore, and whether they've also banned things like nicotine gum or lozenges, but if they have I'd just say well, smoke for a bit if you must do so. If it were me I'd probably try to enjoy it.... But not too much, if that makes any sense. Sorry about your situation... :(

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Maxxxxxx

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I’ve been off fags for 4 years. Prefer pre built coils so never bothered. But you can’t get replacement coils here: I thought someone might have an idea that’s practical in this location

Anyway, home on Friday night. So only two days.

But appreciate your thoughts!

No way to Rinse Out the coils you have?

Or is the Coil Wire completely Broken?

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
ZoiDman. Good idea. I’ll give it a go. I have one that’s completely dead and the other is smelling pretty ash like. I’ll try rinsing and drying overnight

You don't even have to wait until it is completely Dry. Just Shake/Blow out as much Water as possible, then Prime it with a Drop or Two of e-Liquid.

The 1st Handful of hits will be weak. But after that, it will Hit as good as it can.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Thanks Anna. Haven’t had one yet. Will try and last til Friday. Otherwise I’ll just go grab a beer tomorrow and enjoy a cheeky one

It's easy as washing your hands really. Lots of vids online about this. Unless you've badly charred the cotton in your prebuilt coil, you should be able to have resuscitated it for use over a couple of days.

Reactions: stols001

input_output

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
here, there, everywhere
I thought someone might have an idea that’s practical in this location

most practical advise is to just give it a good rinse under running water or so. Works quite well for me when im in a hurry.

But for long term, "give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach him how to fish, you can feed him for a lifetime" proverb works well here.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
If its only for a few days I just wouldn't vape until I got home. I certainly wouldn't go back to smoking for a few days. Drink more caffeine, chew gum, eat candy or whatever it takes to get you through a couple of days.

I have been in situations where I couldn't vape or smoke for days, weeks or months at a time. I lived, its not that bad trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread