Backwoods Brew Casablanca Review (Long Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporilo

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
California
I don't know about this 4 week steep business. If that's the time it takes to reach it's peak flavor then it is not worth it. I buy my juice to vape it out of the mailman's hands, not to wait an entire month until it's good. Instead of sending out juice that isn't ready, Don needs to consider aging his product. Made to order is overrated.

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
My review is based on my experience of the 'blanca right from the mailman's hands. It is wonderful straight fresh, and yes, it changes over time. It is wonderful at 2 weeks, at 4 weeks, whenever. I think people put too much stock in "steeping". Yes, the color changes, and the flavor deepens, but it's not so dramatic for me that I would keep my juices locked away in a safe for a month at a time just to be able to vape them. No big deal for me.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Malty tastes like nothing at all.

Malty doesn't have much of a taste... that's why I like it...
It is throat hit, vapor and a little sweetness... it's clean and has presence... but not much flavor.
It's not the juice... it's not you... it is what it is...
You may likely be someone who appreciates stronger flavor... grab some vapor station or some Ms. T's or go double flavor on some gourmet vapor... with the exception of a handful of Don's flavors, someone like you may be left wanting for more flavor bud rush.

Steeping may help bring flavors out as Faux suggested... but again, one of the qualities about BWB that BWB fans like is that flavor isn't overpowering... flavors are good and subtle... juice performance is tops...

I have a bottle of 8 month old Honey flue nut and applewood.
They are REALLY flavorful. Too flavorful for me in fact.
I still find myself reaching for the new bottle.

Sorry your BWB experience wasn't the best... it's still my favorite place to get juice...

Trade you in a heartbeat - have some super charged flavors 4 you... lemme know.

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
For some reason, there's nothing I can see. I see the OP's post, but no review x.x Oye, what's going on?

Hey friend up in CT! I miss my pizza in new haven... ahhh

Faux is known for doing some really brilliant and lengthy reviews... so his review of Casablanca sort of speaks volumes... I think the implication is that Faux was left rather breathless...
I did a review a while back... it hasn't been buried yet...

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
i have to admit this is the first time i saw this particular thread. Having ready a few of fauxpuffs, shall we say "more traditional" reviews, i had to do a double take. Knowing some of his reviews were long, i saw "LONG VERSION" in the thread title and figured I might want to refresh my glass of water first....yeah, it didn't take that long to read. And it makes one hell of a good point. What else do you really need to say about this flavor?

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Haha, exactly.

Simply putting in "NOM NOM NOM" in a review doesn't say much, but if anyone can make that work, Faux can.

:)

ROFL

Yea Casablanca didn't change much for me, I just got my second order.. took almost 2 weeks to get to me (xmas holidays) when i opened the package my juices were very VERY cold. I was out of Casablanca so I filled my Ali'i bottle right away (with very cold juice) and it still tasted the same as my original Casablanca.

Camp43

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Lol I was going to add a super complicated glowing review of Casablanca when I saw this thread so nvm. I will add that at least for me a long steeping time made all the difference in this juice. When I first vaped it and even after letting it steep for a week, I found very dry and grassy.
Then I stashed it away and sort of lost track of it. I have way too many juices, at least according to my better half. When I came across it more than a month later the change in the color was startling. It went from pale yellow to rich reddish hue. When I put in an atomizer, wow, see all the above remarks. Best tobacco juice ever.
For me all Don's juices benefit from long periods of steeping, but none have undergone such a breathtaking transformation as Casablanca.
BWB are sort of like the grownup's juices in my mind. They are original, complex and they reward patience richly.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Lol I was going to add a super complicated glowing review of Casablanca when I saw this thread so nvm. I will add that at least for me a long steeping time made all the difference in this juice. When I first vaped it and even after letting it steep for a week, I found very dry and grassy.
Then I stashed it away and sort of lost track of it. I have way too many juices, at least according to my better half. When I came across it more than a month later the change in the color was startling. It went from pale yellow to rich reddish hue. When I put in an atomizer, wow, see all the above remarks. Best tobacco juice ever.
For me all Don's juices benefit from long periods of steeping, but none have undergone such a breathtaking transformation as Casablanca.
BWB are sort of like the grownup's juices in my mind. They are original, complex and they reward patience richly.

well said Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread