Backwoods brew tobaccos with floral note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Hello people, I have only tried 3 tobaccos from bwb and they all have that floral note which I hated when I first tried it, but now I feel it is the only type juice I can vape all day. The floral note tobacco seems to blend in with any flavor you add to it and the best way I can describe this juice is that it never gets boring to vape.

There is always a freshness to it from the first vape in the morning to the last vape at night. My question deals with all the other tobaccos that bwb mixes. I would like to know if anyone has had a tobacco from bwb that has this floral note...from applewood to malty.

These are the 3 that I have tried thus far:
HONEY FLU
555 REGULAR
HONEY-FLU NUT

I would apprciate it very much if vapers out there have noticed this floral note in any of bwb tobaccos. Thanks.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I agree with the above poster. In my experience, Virginia is very close to Honey Flue Tobacco, Backo is very similar to Virginia (not as sweet).

Akirondack is very similar to Backo, but even less sweet. Interestingly, when I vape Akirondack and drink coffee, I get this amazing caramel coffee taste that tastes nothing like the coffee or the Akirondack. Not sure where it comes from, but I love it.

Applewood is probably one of my top 3 favorite juices of all time. I vape it right out of the box - the Apple is really crisp and up front at first. After it steeps the Apple flavor mellows out and the tobacco flavor comes to the front. The tobacco flavor is very similar to Backo.

I also recommend the 555 exotic - it's similar to the normal 555, but I like it better.

Malty has absolutely no tobacco flavor at all. It's got a very mild sweet flavor right out of the box. The vapor is THICK and there is a lot of it. It mixes very well with other flavors if you want to round them out, sweeten them up a little bit, and make the vapor thicker. It's also a great liquid to use in between flavors if you're dripping on an atty - as it will probably taste good with whatever the previous flavor was, whatever the new flavor was, and will help you get the previous flavor out before you drip something new on it.

Last edited:

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I agree with the above poster. In my experience, Virginia is very close to Honey Flue Tobacco, Backo is very similar to Virginia (not as sweet).

Akirondack is very similar to Backo, but even less sweet. Interestingly, when I vape Akirondack and drink coffee, I get this amazing caramel coffee taste that tastes nothing like the coffee or the Akirondack. Not sure where it comes from, but I love it.

Applewood is probably one of my top 3 favorite juices of all time. I vape it right out of the box - the Apple is really crisp and up front at first. After it steeps the Apple flavor mellows out and the tobacco flavor comes to the front. The tobacco flavor is very similar to Backo.

I also recommend the 555 exotic - it's similar to the normal 555, but I like it better.

Malty has absolutely no tobacco flavor at all. It's got a very mild sweet flavor right out of the box. The vapor is THICK and there is a lot of it. It mixes very well with other flavors if you want to round them out, sweeten them up a little bit, and make the vapor thicker. It's also a great liquid to use in between flavors if you're dripping on an atty - as it will probably taste good with whatever the previous flavor was, whatever the new flavor was, and will help you get the previous flavor out before you drip something new on it.

Thanks for all that info...I need to get alot of bwb I suppose...lol

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I wonder what flavor in the juice is giving you that floral note. It'd be interesting to find out which flavor does it so you can get a juice that doesn't contain that flavoring. From a non-tobacco vapor I get hints of vanilla, some kind of nut, maybe a carmel, a little cocoa. Maybe juice with a lot of vanilla tastes floral to you. Straight, non tobacco vanilla tastes a little floral to me.

I fill my mothers cartos daily and take a few hits to see how it is. I've never gotten that floral note but I've never vaped a whole carto. The one I like the best (and I'm not a good person to listen to because I don't vape tobacco) is Virginia. Really nice vape with a drop or two of peach. I did that by accident and really liked it.

How about the Virginia?

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Tobacco absolute is the ingredient giving you that floral note.

That's the flavor that made me fall in love with BWB.

My favorite BWB juice is Malty.
z

Oh really!?! Well, that's good to know. I was guessing the vanilla. I got vanilla bean (not from BWB) and it was definitely floral --or maybe perfumey.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
z

Oh really!?! Well, that's good to know. I was guessing the vanilla. I got vanilla bean (not from BWB) and it was definitely floral --or maybe perfumey.

I don't know what you have, but i have had juices that tasted perfumey. I don't buy from those vendors.

I have had plenty of BWB tobaccos and they all have the same signature taste. I know a part of that, is the tobacco absolute from DIYing myself.

In my mind this is the floral note, the OP is describing.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I don't know what you have, but i have had juices that tasted perfumey. I don't buy from those vendors.

I have had plenty of BWB tobaccos and they all have the same signature taste. I know a part of that, is the tobacco absolute from DIYing myself.

In my mind this is the floral note, the OP is describing.

I diyed one juice using dk tobacco and hazelnut from PA and it definitely has that floral note like the 3 from bwb and I do not think there is any tobacco absolute in these 2 flavors. I am beginning to think that if you like bwb use PA apprentice for your tobaccos and other flavors. I think this will give you that bwb signature flavor.

Then again, I only had 3 from bwb...I have to get all the rest now to know for sure.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
Well I really suggest you try their Kentucky Premium line. I really hated the overpowering floral note at first like you. But after steeping them for a week with the caps open, the flavors completely changed. Now I love their stuff.

You can get two 4.5ml sample bottles plus a free one, for $9.50 including shipping. A good deal IMO, and I really think they have the foral note you crave so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread