Bad cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
I'm using an 1000mAh eGo-t battery. The Boge 2.0 cartos are what were recommended to me. I pulled one apart to see if it was soaked all the way down, it was. It's not sparking, for lack of a better word. No fizzle, pop. Just smoke, the burnt smell. I shouldn't have said burnt taste, since no vapes coming thru.

i had one do this and messed with the coil, as someone suggested to me, it didn't help--but you may want to try it. i just chalked it up to a bad one :(

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
I just got my first VV mod (buzz pro), and along with it I got a 5 pack of boge 3.0 cartos. The first one seemed ok, but got nasty tasting after one day (this was last monday). Since then I have loaded the other 4 and everyone of them has been producing the nastiest burnt metallic taste right away that sticks with me even when not vaping. Soaking for a long time doesn't help. I even feel like it has been making me sick. This is really bothersome to me because I have only been vaping and analog free for about 5.5 weeks. Plus, I am experience this with my first vv mod, the buzz pro, and it has left me feeling disappointed and at a loss.

I am back to using the x-power 900 which is leaving me wanting for more of a better vape experience. I am going to order some other cartos to see if it is the boges or if it is just my taste buds going seriously out of whack. I have a feeling it is not my taste buds because the taste is such an incredibly strong metallic/plastic/burnt taste that leaves me feeling sick all day (the taste wont leave my mouth and it even makes using the x-power not pleasurable). It is a very synthetic metallic type of taste that I feel has to be because of the hardware. After seeing this thread, I am beginning to think it is because the boge cartos are bad.

This kind of discouragement is enough to drive a guy back to smoking analogs! I think I would just quit nicotine altogether instead of taking up cigs again. If anyone can recommend a good carto to use with the buzz pro I would be very grateful!

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
I use Boge 3.2ohms with my VV box mod and haven't had a problem if I keep the voltage down around 5v...higher gives me a burnt taste...what I really like with the VVbox is 1.5ohm dual coils from Smoktech...they really rock @ 5v...much higher and they start to give burnt taste as well..........
madjack:2cool:

I'm wondering if I got a bad batch of Boges then. I recieved them along with my buzz pro on Monday. They have that metallic taste right away after a long soak and at the lowest voltage setting. I'm using my x-power now with the x-power cartos (301/601) and it tastes normal with all of my juices. Now I'm all out of cartos for the buzz pro, so it is just sitting here not getting used :(

I need to order something asap if I want to use my new mod. I'm just worried that I am going to get the same results as before. The taste was so bad that I felt sick from it all day, it wouldn't leave my mouth, and it made the roof of my mouth sore. I'm just getting over it now a day later.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
just had 3 this week that went bad me. i dont know what is going on. boge lr cartos just are blowing up me all the time now. no idea why. this sucks.

edit** ok this is getting to be stupid now. i just opened up another one, filled it condom method, let it sit for10min. started to vape everything was fine. as the juice drains down after about 5min of vaping, i get no more crackling sound just a swooshing sound, and once that happens it starts giving off burnt flavor. this is the 4th carto in a week this has happened to. there is no way there isnt enough juice in there. i am stumped. any ideas?

using a ego 1100mah battery 80/20vg juice. so .......

Last edited:

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
I feel your pain jtracc. I just tossed all 5 of my boges. They all tasted like crapola. Yesterday I bought an x-power 900 carto. It was going fine as usually, but started to taste nasty today. So I just went and bought 2 more x-power cartos, loaded them both up with 100% VG juice. The first one I did the condom method and let it sit for at least 20 minutes soaking. Burnt taste. Second one I loaded up by dripping the drops through the mouthpiece like I usually do. It took 40 drops when it usually takes 30 drops without flooding? Let it sit for 20 minutes. Not as bad, but still a burnt taste. WTF is going on here? First the 5 pack of boges, and now all of a sudden my x-power carts are burnt tasting? The x-power cartos might be tasting bad because my mouth has been tarnished by the bad boges.

This is really discouraging beyond belief. I now have a brand new Buzz Pro VV mod that is useless to me because I have no cartos or attys to use it with. I'm worried about ordering different cartos in fear that I will still get that nasty metallic taste. And now my x-power cartos are acting weird (could be that my taste buds are out of whack because of the toxic tasting boge cartos). I feel at a loss here, and getting ...... as well.

I'm going to check the regional forums to see if there are any e-cig meet ups near my area any time soon. Hopefully some other vaporers can help me get on the right track with my buzz pro or maybe something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread