Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
The perfume smell / taste is often caused by alcohol in the flavorings used. You can help reduce this by leaving the tops off your bottles for a few days. Some vendors use flavorings that have a soapiness to them too, and in a similar way, this can be reduce by a cap-off steep or aging.

As for how it's made, it's quite simple really. Nicotine is mixed into a base strength by combining it with either PG or VG or a combination - depending on the vendor and what the final desired ratio's of the finished e-liquid.

Then flavorings are added (and additional PG or VG as necessary to get to the desired ratio).

Some vendors will also add other liquids like lemon juice, saline, vinegar, sweeteners, smoothers, colorants, distilled water etc.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Here is a great site that explains what it takes to make juice.

Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station!
JC_link.gif

If it is a fruit flavored juice type, they are pretty much shake and vape. Some of the darker/tobacco's and more complex juices benefit from aging. Some juice may need to have the cap left off for a day or two and let the alcohol evaporate. If this is a juice you have tried before and this time it is not good just goes to poor consistency from the mixer. If it is just to strong tasting, you could get some vg at Walmart and dilute it down. This would also reduce the nic but I don't thing you would detect a huge amount of diminished flavor. I have done this successfully. If you want to give more specifics, someone could probably answer the question more efficiently. These are just a few of my suggestions. I know someone that knows a lot more than me will help you.

You are still new so I just thought I would tell you about a thread where you can get some really good deals.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-283.html
JC_link.gif

I am so sorry you are having this issue. Please let it age and try it again. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread