Status
Not open for further replies.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
all I could find about it was something to do with a song called Peanut Butter Jelly Time:

Peanut Butter Jelly Time Story

Peanut Butter Jelly Time is a Flash animation that first emerged at the early early part of this century and quickly became an Internet phenomenon. The animation is based on a song of the same name recorded by DJ Chipman of the Buckwheat Boyz. The best known version of the animation which can be seen above shows a highly pixelated Dancing Banana moving back and forth to the song's chorus.

here is the link Peanut Butter Jelly Time
peanut-butter-jelly-time-97.gif

Attachments

• peanut-butter-jelly-time-38.gif
    peanut-butter-jelly-time-38.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
all I could find about it was something to do with a song called Peanut Butter Jelly Time:

Peanut Butter Jelly Time Story

Peanut Butter Jelly Time is a Flash animation that first emerged at the early early part of this century and quickly became an Internet phenomenon. The animation is based on a song of the same name recorded by DJ Chipman of the Buckwheat Boyz. The best known version of the animation which can be seen above shows a highly pixelated Dancing Banana moving back and forth to the song's chorus.

here is the link Peanut Butter Jelly Time
peanut-butter-jelly-time-97.gif

:) Good researching! Don't you just LOVE the internet? I went all the way through school looking up things in books.....now my grandkids don't even know what an encyclopedia is. Or they think it's some "version" of Wikipedia.... LOL

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
DJ Chipman of the Buckwheat Boyz? it's way to pixelated not to be the origins and for those of you that wont click on my link ( you know who you are :glare: ) more of the back story:
The Dancing Banana (also known as Peanut Butter Jelly, or Humba the Banana) is a popular emoticon peanut butter jelly time emoticon. In 2001 the Dancing Banana was used on several forums as a standard emoticon. Most forums would replace the text :banana: with the gif animation.

Last edited:

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
All I know is I love those little guys!!!!! As I'm sure most of you know.

I've been handing out banana dances for several years on different forums. I tell myself its to hopefully make someone feel good... But in reality they just crack me up.

Thanks Pietro for the shout out though. While I'm not the inventor, i do love those crazy dancing bananas and will continue to spread there joy as often as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread