• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Batons ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I was wondering if anybody's ever used a expandable side handle baton? Such as this one ( PR-24® Baton (Side Handle) | Monadnock ). I was thinking you could do more with it, but I don't like to run out and buy things until I talk to someone who's either used it in the field themselves or knows someone that has.... Just curious.

TexasRain104

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The State of Texas, USA
Used a baton on a guy that was trying to take my gun. Bent the damn thing on his leg after multiple hits. I then had to chase his ... down and place him into handcuffs.

I now use my baton for glass removal and checking celing tiles. My department uses the ASP baton that you buy from the company.

Dont use it for work as much as prior to the above incident.

Also the ASP is kinda lightweight Find someone with a RCB they're only about 5oz heavier, but it makes a difference Here's one I've been looking at.
( 29" RCB Nickel )
I'm not sure what I'm gonna get. I have handled the 26" RCB and it just feels a lot more solid than my 26" ASP, but I'd like to get my hands on a side handled expandable baton before I pick one. Ohh and check out some of the videos at the peace keeper website they're pretty impressive.

I've seen a couple of these collapsible PR-24s up close. A couple of observations:

-They're bulky. You can't ring them while collapsed, so it rides higher on the belt and takes up a fair amount of real estate (for some officers, this ain't a problem). It has to be on the side, because sitting on it in the squad would get old fast. If it sits behind the radio, the handle sticks out at an angle. I'd imagine I'd be taking it on and off while getting into the car...If I'm gonna do that, I'll just get a standard hickory stick, which is a fraction of the cost.

-There are very few holsters available for this thing. The only ones I've come across are from uncle mike's, and they look like they don't wear well over time.

Just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread