Battery Charger heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA
I have two chargers, one for a pen style and one for a mini. One of the chargers is heating up a LOT and the other doesn't. Is this an indication that the charger is bad? Could this be damaging my batteries? For a couple of days, the charger light was changing from red to green in about an hour. Now it won't change to green at all after several hours and none of my batteries has much charge at all. I figure the charger is bad but I hope it hasn't killed the batteries. I guess I won't know until I get a new charger and try them on that.

Anyone had any similar battery charger problems?
Thanks!!
VP

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
Most of the chargers I've tested do have heat.. some have more heat than others. If you cup your charger in your hand and can barely hold it because of the heat, I'd be carefull there. Something may be wrong. I've come across a few of those and they are now in a faulty bin, I do not trust them.

If your battery led never goes green, I'd have to suspect something isn't working right there either. Its a toss up to whether its your batteries or charger.

The charger never goes green with either battery VP?

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA
It just recently started happening so that's why I wondered about a malfunction. It's not too hot to touch, yet :) I'm testing it with one of the batteries now. It's been an hour and I'll leave it for six hours total -- shouldn't that be enough for the light to turn green? And I'll check how hot the charger gets, too. It was turning green in less than two hours until yesterday.

Technology is a wonderful thing until it stops working! I have two laptops in case one croaks. Guess I'll get another couple of chargers just in case :)

Anyway, hope it's just a glitch and all will be well. That happens sometimes, too! I'll let ya know how hit goes.
VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread