Battery idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
Just wanted some advice, I've got a few 18500s and I want to run them in my grand. Does anyone have any ideas...

Seems like a Mini 2.1 would be right up your alley (as they say). Would be a good fit.

Or...

Maybe it's just me, but in the long run, I'd say go ahead and get the correct 18650's (AW IMR, 1600 mAH). Seems like you're opening yourself up to all sorts of "issues" with the wrong size. Unless you're just really really bored or something :)

Nope, not just you... :)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Maybe it's just me, but in the long run, I'd say go ahead and get the correct 18650's (AW IMR, 1600 mAH). Seems like you're opening yourself up to all sorts of "issues" with the wrong size. Unless you're just really really bored or something :)

This^, just PIF the other batteries to someone who can use them and get the correct battery.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

it ain't just you, AP :)

feldwin

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
Ft Worth Texas
Using a metal spacer is not a good idea.

REO WITH SPACER.jpg

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I must insert this here.

Please don't use them in the Grand. They do not fit and any modifications to make them work can be dangerous.

They will work in the Mini 2.1 BUT they are not as wide as the 18490 and must be held in place by something or they slide around.

Just use the recommended battery and all will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread