battery length

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzlady

ECF Veteran
I have a 510 from Vaper's Corner and I also have several of the FS510's which is the generic. I dont see much of a difference, myself, except in battery life. The one from Vaper's Corner dies within 45-60 minutes. The generic one will last me about 2 hours. It could be the ohms, although I am fairly new to this. I find the generic is cooler burning than the Vaper's Corner atty

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Ohms apply to atomizers and cartomizers. Voltage applies to the battery. Your 510 batteries are probably around 3.2Volts and you're probably using a standard atomizer, which is around 2.5 Ohms. If the draw is stiff on one battery, but not on another, then the center post in the atomizer probably needs to be lifted a bit. You can just take a small flathead screwdriver or a straighten out paperclip and gently lift it up just a tiny bit.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If depends - if you mean bigger as in longer of the same kind of battery, no that does not make the drag easier. However MANUAL batteries can make the drag easier. Most people here use and recommend manual batteries. You can press the button in 1-2 seconds before the start of your drag so when you start your drag there is already vapor, and you can drag as soft as you want because holding the button down is making the vapor. Then you can let the button up shortly before the end of your drag. Of course you are limited by the cutoff time of the battery but decent ecigs usually have longer cutoff times.

Buying a decent ecig can give you an easier drag too vs a junky one.

And going to FAT batteries and mods (batteries 450mah or higher) give you the option of using low resistance atomizers and cartomizers which may vaporize juice faster as well as hotter. Or some mods are high voltage and get more vapor out of standard atomizers and cartomizers. Even standard resistance 510 cartomizers if used on a Riva 510 (slightly higher voltage) will give a bigger easier hit on the Riva.

If you have auto batteries then the first thing I would get rid of is auto batteries if the drag was hard.

Another note - if you are using cartomizers, I think thinner light-colored juices (20% VG or less) seem to vaporize faster and keep cartomizer performance good for longer. Thicker juices or juices with sediment bog down my cartos pretty fast and make them harder to draw because they are making vapor slower and air travels through the stuffing less well.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
You can just put one prong in the center of the threaded end and gently lift it. You only want to lift it slightly, so be careful or you'll end up with it completely out of the atomizer.

You can also see if the draw is better by unscrewing it from the battery just slightly. It's not getting enough air flow, so that might work too.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Houston
!!Im not a expert, I just *think* I know a little about lithium ion batteries!!

Yes, a bigger capacity battery will "work" better....
The bigger cap. battery will have less "Sag" than a smaller battery.(meaning you will get a more consistent draw with a bigger battery)

I can tell the difference when using a 16340 vs. a 17670.(with the same atty or carto)

Not sure what 'system' you are using... but if there is a big difference in performance between the two batteries you have, than one of them might be very low quality or on it's way out.

lilfarmtruck

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
MO
You can just put one prong in the center of the threaded end and gently lift it. You only want to lift it slightly, so be careful or you'll end up with it completely out of the atomizer.

You can also see if the draw is better by unscrewing it from the battery just slightly. It's not getting enough air flow, so that might work too.

Is this battery still hard to draw no matter what attomizer is on it? If so, I would say it is the batt and not the atty. If you switch attys, does your other battery still draw the same? This way you can narrow it down to a single pc of equip. I know I've got same model different maker bats that dont all work with the same attys...

frustrating some times LOL

Last edited:

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm not sure how relative my experience is to this discussion, but with my KR808 batt's, the auto has a slot across the center post (similar to the slot on the carto's center posts); whereas, both my manuals are smooth - and both my manuals have a noticeably harder draw. I've been trying to figure a way of "slotting" the posts without damaging the batteries, but I'm just not ready to chance it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread