Battery performance E-Scores are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Instead of very technical and confusing Delivered Wh (Watt-hour) performance numbers for each cell I will now be using E-Scores (Energy Scores) in my ratings tables and the ratings graphic for each cell. The higher the E-Score, the longer the cell will run.

D7D5C352-0F3A-44E3-B762-2A9D8CF2D27B.jpeg

E-Scores do not take cycle life (overall cell life) into account! Additional testing will have to be done to see which cells last the longest overall.

Using E-Scores is easy…
    Choose the right size cells with a high enough current rating for what you will use them for. Then choose the ones with the highest E-Score at the current/power levels you run at. Those cells are the ones that will run for the longest. Capacity ratings are pretty useless, you can ignore that rating if the cell has an E-Score.

Other changes…
    - The Puff Counts will be removed from each cell’s ratings graphic as they are just the Wh numbers formatted differently.
    - The safety documentation section was removed from the ratings tables. It was becoming practically a full time job trying to get those documents from the cell wrapping companies and authenticating them. I just don’t have the time. If a company uses an unknown cell then we just won’t know if it was safety tested or not.
    - The ratings tables now include a section on how to choose a battery based on the E-Scores.
    - The DC Internal Resistance will still be measured.

The new ratings tables will be posted soon. The new ratings graphic will be used as I post each new cell’s test report.

Tech stuff…
    E-Scores are the exact same performance number I was using before, the delivered Wh at the stated current level down to 3.2V. They can still be directly used as Wh by more technical cell users. These numbers are a great measure of how a cell actually performs and E-Scores are an attempt to make them easier to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread