Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpclegg

Feb 25, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I just got my mini in the mail! Ah! I was jumping around everywhere like a little boy on Christmas morning. Upon opening the package, I knew I was going to have to charge it for 10 hours or so, but I figured I could take a couple puffs to see what it's like. One of the batteries didn't work so I knew it needed charging. Now, I'm sitting here with the other battery puffing away with lots of vapor. It seems like this battery is fine but I don't want to do any damage to it (if it's not fully charged). My question is... am I doing anything wrong? Should I really be charging this one and just smoke analogs until tomorrow?

posaune

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT - USA
One of the videos on the Puresmoker site says that the battery comes fully charged. All ready to enjoy.

Yeah, that is not true. They do not pre-charge the batteries anymore. I confirmed this with his wife Joanna.

Yes, you can use the battery till it dies. It shouldn't harm the battery but I wouldn't recommend that. I'd do the initial charge ASAP!

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
Yeah, that is not true. They do not pre-charge the batteries anymore. I confirmed this with his wife Joanna.

Yes, you can use the battery till it dies. It shouldn't harm the battery but I wouldn't recommend that. I'd do the initial charge ASAP!

Apparently, they got married without knowing it.

I guess that happens.

It really wouldn't make sense for it to harm the battery to use it before doing a full charge. Most lithium ion batteries ship anywhere with a partial charge. This is because they have to charge them and drain them to test if they work. These are not the old nickel batteries that you had to "drain and charge". There isn't that kind of memory anymore.

Smoke it or charge it. I'd still recommend charging it the full 10-12 hours before heavily using it, but it should be fine, technology wise.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Read an article that said you should avoid full discharges. It was much better to have partial discharges when recharging.

Shoes--that is corret--See www.batteryuniversity.com -Charge before they need a charge and top off--Sun

Quote: Longevity of lithium-ion as a function of charge and discharge rates.

A moderate charge and discharge puts less stress on the battery, resulting in a longer cycle life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread