Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I don't consider that normal, especially if it hasn't been dropped or damaged. I have an ego 650 that works just as good as the day I bought it 3 months agq. Hopefully Halo offers some sort of warranty with the kit. I'd contact them.

It appears to be a standard Ego style battery, so if they don't replace it for you, you have plenty of inexpensive options for a replacement.

Forgive me if I'm pointing out the obvious, but it isn't just "off" is it? Click 5 times to turn it on, 5 times to turn it off......

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
It is not uncommon IF you don't keep the battery contacts on both the battery and charger very clean and dry.

Use a little alcohol and a cotton swab, toothpick, etc. to clean both contact areas, including the grooves around each.

Let dry and try to recharge. Halo Triton batteries are designed to handle 300 recharges. If cleaning does't work, contact Halo.

mct1

Nov 26, 2013
East TN
Thanks for the replies. The battery seems dead. I have another triton battery that works just fine so I'm alternating between that one and a G6 cig. I cleaned the bad battery with a qtip to make sure it could make good contact, but nothing happened. I bought the batteries online so I contacted halo and I would expect to have a replacement since they offer a 60 days warranty. And yes, I did turn it on. :) How many months are these types of batteries supposed to last? 6 months or so? Thanks again for your help!

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
Halo has very good customer service generally. I'm sure that they will replace it for you. If you don't get an immediate reply, keep in mind that they have been really busy with their sale.

When you've got enough posts, check out the Halo forum (you can read there now). The Halo rep there is super helpful.

Last edited:

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
How many months are these types of batteries supposed to last? 6 months or so?

Halo says you should get 300 charges out a battery. So if you are only charging a battery once per day, that would mean 300 days or about 9 months. I don't think I have had one last 9 months, so you 6 month estimate may be closer to reality.

I bought two batteries from halo approximately 5 months ago and they both stopped working two weeks apart from ea other. I complained to halo and they only commented by saying sorry but their warrant only covers for 60 days. I bought a couple batteries from v2 over a year ago and only one stopped working and v2 not only replaced it for free but paid the shipping cost to send the bad battery back. I will never buy my hardware from halo again but I do like their liquid.

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I bought two batteries from halo approximately 5 months ago and they both stopped working two weeks apart from ea other. I complained to halo and they only commented by saying sorry but their warrant only covers for 60 days. I bought a couple batteries from v2 over a year ago and only one stopped working and v2 not only replaced it for free but paid the shipping cost to send the bad battery back. I will never buy my hardware from halo again but I do like their liquid.

Welcome to the forum.

TLS01

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
MN
I have four Triton 1300mah batteries I bought 6 and 7 months ago, 2 each time. The older ones are showing their age (not holding a charge very well), I've been charging them pretty much after each tank (most of the time), never letting them completely drain. I consider myself pretty lucky after reading some other stories around here. I have an MVP and another ego pass-through. I'll be continuing with them once the Halo's pass their time. They still do the job, but I know it won't be for much longer.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
It is suggested to run the batteries occasionally to their "Low Voltage Cut off" (the blinking light) at least every 8 to 10 charging cycles, and then to charge them ASAP. If an Li-Ion battery falls too far below a certain threshold, they won't recharge as a safety measure.

The other thing is temperature. High heat will destroy the life of these batteries. Never place them in a car or somewhere that can get hot. This includes your cell phones, laptops, any device using these Li-ions. Heat is the #1 factor in battery life for Li-ion.

It is also suggested by battery experts to store them at about 40% of a charge if not being used for an extended period. That is why "new" batteries need charging. There's an oxidation thing that is greater at 100% charge. Long term storage in a refrigerator is also suggested, however they aren't clear on what "long term" exactly is. I'll guess more than 2 weeks.

And if you have ever dropped one, all bets are off. The internal circuitry could easily be damaged, and they are engineered to fail-safe. You absolutely do not ever want to see one of these batteries explode or catch fire.

Last tips? Use a drinking straw with a tissue/paper towel to clean the drip cavity around the center post. And never tighten a tank too tight! Just a tad past snug is all that is needed. I've seen several batteries declared as dead, but the voltmeter shows perfect health. Problem? The center post had been pressed down due to over tightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread