Battery stuck in my Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:blink: I've never heard this one before. What battery you got in there?

You might try putting the Provari in the frige for about a half to one hour. There might be enough contraction for something to give after that. If that fails, make a ticket to Provape and see what they recommend.

Submit a Ticket - Provape

Last edited:

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
My guess is it's that oval AW sticker with holograms on it. One of my batteries has been doing that in my Nemesis clone.

Try slamming the open end of the battery tube down on your palm or your knee. (Not too hard, or you'll bruise yourself.) ;)

If that doesn't help, yeah call Provape.

Of course you could also use something harder than a body part, but then you risk damaging the battery or the object that you'e hitting. :p

Last edited:

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
I have a few suggestions I hope it helps, I do not think your battery expanded because you will know about it (i.e. venting expansion), the plastic may have melted and glues itself in there. Baditude suggested the fridge to cool it which helps in reducing expanded metal. Even the freezer will not hurt it. If you have a bolt magnet you will be able to get it out. Any auto parts store sells the extendable magnets to pick up nuts and bolts you may want to give that a shot. Here is a link to the item I am talking about, New 5lb 24" Pen Style Portable Telescopic Magnetic Screw Bolt Pick Up Hand Tool | eBay
it will do good in your vape tackle box as well, I use it for picking up kanthal clippings and pulling batteries out of mods when they get stuck. The link is just an example so you know what I am talking about. I hope this helps.

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
Glad you got it out... if it had been me I most likely would have headed for the garage and started with simple hand tools and worked my way up to power tools. Most likely ending with some hearty cussing and a mess... followed by an extended hillbilly engineering session to turn any remaining functional parts into the next big thing!!

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
Glad you got it out... if it had been me I most likely would have headed for the garage and started with simple hand tools and worked my way up to power tools. Most likely ending with some hearty cussing and a mess... followed by an extended hillbilly engineering session to turn any remaining functional parts into the next big thing!!

That's how my Big Nasty #452 died!!! The button got stuck and a few power tools later I had a bad of parts that I sent back to Cig Techs, they are the best because they replaced my entire Big Nasty, I am #766 now but it works great. I was trying to figure out why the button failed but it turned into a power tool and karma war in the garage... Oh I was on my sleep meds too, which add to my stubborn thought process. I was an Infantry Staff Sergeant so if something is in my way I move I or go through it! Ha Ha it was interesting though.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
I got the battery out. My girlfriend accidentally knocked the Provari over the other day and it broke the plastic lens on it. One of the chunks from it must have gotten stuck in between the battery and tube.

That is crazy... What are the odds, I remember shooting my brother in the nostril with a yellow plastic BB when we were kids, I did a combat roll landed on the couch and pow! right up the nose! We should play the lottery! my truck can use a lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread