Battery volt diffrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy The Kid

Feb 11, 2018
Iceland
Hi guys i have a Snowwolf Vfeng and by pushing 2 buttons i can see the bettery status on each battery !
i have 2 pairs witch i always charge togather and use the same 2 togather
but when i check status on both pairs like now the volt is 4.16 on 1 and 4.12 on 1 and the one
that has 4.12 is tiny more spent like micro millimeter :)

is that normal ?

ty
Billy The Kid

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi guys i have a Snowwolf Vfeng and by pushing 2 buttons i can see the bettery status on each battery !
but when i check status on both pairs like now the volt is 4.16 on 1 and 4.12 on 1 and the one
is that normal ?
I have provided a little more information which might help you answer more battery quiestions.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
Index | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, you will be fine. I'd imagine it's possible that a little more power is being pulled from one battery than another, but the difference isn't anything much to worry about (although as others have stated, yes, rotate your batteries. This is a time where marking them A and B with a sharpie, so you know when you are rotating, may be helpful. I'm fairly sure I rotate my batteries already. I can't imagine that I shove them in the same battery slots each time. But, this is a pretty minuscule difference and not something huge to worry about.... :)

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: opticruby

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Boy this will be a long one for me. First switch them around to see if the voltage follows the battery or if it is the mods reading in that slot is off. Check what voltage they read right after charging. If they read 4.16 and 4.12v put the 4.12v in the other bay to see if it is the charger. If they are both 4.16 and then one drops to 4.12v overnight then it has aged much worse then the other and they would be married at all.
Could be from your mods if you never rotated, alot did't/don't have balanced discharging and will use slightly more current from one battery. If that is the case you can try to reverse them till they even out. In theory your mod will cut off when the lowest cell hits the low voltage cutoff but for what they cost I'd just replace them and remember to rotate next time. A battery that drops 0.04v overnight for me is over a year old difference from a new cell that doesn't drop at all.

Billy The Kid

Feb 11, 2018
Iceland
Boy this will be a long one for me. First switch them around to see if the voltage follows the battery or if it is the mods reading in that slot is off. Check what voltage they read right after charging. If they read 4.16 and 4.12v put the 4.12v in the other bay to see if it is the charger. If they are both 4.16 and then one drops to 4.12v overnight then it has aged much worse then the other and they would be married at all.
Could be from your mods if you never rotated, alot did't/don't have balanced discharging and will use slightly more current from one battery. If that is the case you can try to reverse them till they even out. In theory your mod will cut off when the lowest cell hits the low voltage cutoff but for what they cost I'd just replace them and remember to rotate next time. A battery that drops 0.04v overnight for me is over a year old difference from a new cell that doesn't drop at all.
hey ty for your anwser ! well i have very good charger and i tested today i fully chatged the batterys both were 4.20 in charger i checked the i put it in the mod and checked instantly the status and batt one always reads 4.16 and batt 2 4.20 theres always this 0.04 diffrence on both sets of my batterys witch tells me its wrong reading in the mod i think !

ty
Billy The Kid

Reactions: stols001

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
hey ty for your anwser ! well i have very good charger and i tested today i fully chatged the batterys both were 4.20 in charger i checked the i put it in the mod and checked instantly the status and batt one always reads 4.16 and batt 2 4.20 theres always this 0.04 diffrence on both sets of my batterys witch tells me its wrong reading in the mod i think !

ty
Billy The Kid
If you take them out and switch them and slot 1 still says 4.16 even though it said 4.2 in slot 2 it is just the mod. The voltage should follow the battery. If not the slot in the charger that says 4.2v is only charging to 4.16v. Put the 4.16v in the other charge slot and see if it continues to charge till it reads reads 4.2v on the mod. If the one slot is finishing sooner (4.16v) I would just remove them both at the same time, it is much better on battery life not to go to full 4.2v. Otherwise wait till slot 2 is done and put the 4.16v in that slot to balance them.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
With a CV setting of 4.2V it's impossible to charge a cell to 4.2V anyways, as soon as the charging current is switched off the voltage will drop a bit.
If one of your cells really is charged to 4.2V it means your charger uses more than 4.2V as a CV setting (or is unreliable).

Other than that, as many have pointed out, that little of a difference in voltage isn't enough to start worrying.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

is that normal ?

ty
Billy The Kid

It's good that you're concerned... you've done your reading enough to know that differently charged batteries, and marrying is almost a must. However, that much of a difference is not to worry about. During use, you'll notice they fluctuate a bit, and won't discharge %100 equally. %95 equally is expected. If it's any more, you should start to be concerned. Let's say after some use, one is 4.0 and the other is 3.6, I'd be worried. but if one was 3.90 and the other was 3.98... that's not a problem. Like they said, just keep rotating spots in the atomizer, make sure they're the same time and same age, and charge them equally, and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread