Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
I saw somewhere on this forum that you can use a beauty ring as a catch cup for rda, so I bought those: Deck Beauty Ring for Entheon RDA Atomizer (5-Pack): FastTech Forums

Problem is that my atomizer doesn't screw completely and my vaporizer doesn't detect the atomizer so it doesn't work.

I don't really need it as it doesn't happen often that I over drip but it happens sometimes. Is there something I can do about this problem?

Reactions: AngeNZ

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Don't overstuff the juicewells with wick. Let the wicks barely touch the bottom of your RDA.

The wicks must not touch the air intakes.

Don't drip although the wick is still wet.
Try to vape the RDA dry before you redrip and establish a dripping routine that works for your atty.
3 short, consecutive pulses from the juicebottle or one and a half pipette works well for most of my 24mm atties. Ymmv.

Wait a few seconds before you take a vape to let the juice distribute itself equally.

If this doesn't work out, don't drip through the drip tip. Take off the top cap and monitor closely what you're doing. Perhaps it's even better to paint your coils instead of dripping.

Switch to an RDA with a larger well.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I saw somewhere on this forum that you can use a beauty ring as a catch cup for RDA, so I bought those: Deck Beauty Ring for Entheon RDA Atomizer (5-Pack): FastTech Forums

Problem is that my atomizer doesn't screw completely and my vaporizer doesn't detect the atomizer so it doesn't work.

I don't really need it as it doesn't happen often that I over drip but it happens sometimes. Is there something I can do about this problem?
Hi Zurd,
Sounds like its time for a squonker.
Drip, from the bottom.

Cheers
I

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
All good points mimoschen but like I said, it leaks very rarely, like once a week, it's not much of a problem. Only sometimes I vape and the air hole is pointing at the ground so it can leak a bit, it's just a small lack of attention on my side. A catch cup would just be a nice addition in those rare cases.

Indeed squonk is a good idea, I used to have a Reo and the Terminator, both squonkers, but they never worked up to my expectations because the atomizer is different from what I use. Also found it was a bit messy to refill the bottle. Didn't like them so got rid of both.

I've tried pretty much everything but I've been sticking to the same vaporizer/atomizer for a few years now, they're simple and works wonderfully good, no need for anything else :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    All good points mimoschen but like I said, it leaks very rarely, like once a week, it's not much of a problem. Only sometimes I vape and the air hole is pointing at the ground so it can leak a bit, it's just a small lack of attention on my side. A catch cup would just be a nice addition in those rare cases.

Indeed squonk is a good idea, I used to have a Reo and the Terminator, both squonkers, but they never worked up to my expectations because the atomizer is different from what I use. Also found it was a bit messy to refill the bottle. Didn't like them so got rid of both.

I've tried pretty much everything but I've been sticking to the same vaporizer/atomizer for a few years now, they're simple and works wonderfully good, no need for anything else :)

I got these ones from FT:
    $3.88 Protective Stainless Steel Ring for Atomizers (5-Pack) 5-pack - heat insulation at FastTech - Free Shipping
    And I use them as a catch cup, to protect my mod and as a beauty ring for my 22mm RDAs. They have a much thinner base than the Entheon rings (which I've tried, and had your problem), and all my attys read just fine with them.

I am a squonkaholic, and I'm also very good at oversquonking ;)

here's what they look like with a Narca clone RDA:
    luna&narca.jpg

• Love
    Reactions: Izan

Zurd

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2010
    Montréal
    mimoschen: I use an IGO-L, i like it so much that I bought 15 of them. They don't make them anymore. SKU 1400500 on FT.

LoveVanilla: I don't understand how a rubber o-ring can extend to make an electric connection?! I'm missing something here.

AngeNZ: awesome, I will order those, just what I was looking for, thanks!! :)

Don29Palms: indeed, if you overdrip or oversquonk a lot, it can acts as a funnel to the 510 connection which is not good, however, in my case, the leaks are not severe, I think I will be just fine, I just need a small catch cup in those rare cases. Time will tell.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    mimoschen: I use an IGO-L, i like it so much that I bought 15 of them. They don't make them anymore. SKU 1400500 on FT.

LoveVanilla: I don't understand how a rubber o-ring can extend to make an electric connection?! I'm missing something here.

AngeNZ: awesome, I will order those, just what I was looking for, thanks!! :)

Don29Palms: indeed, if you overdrip or oversquonk a lot, it can acts as a funnel to the 510 connection which is not good, however, in my case, the leaks are not severe, I think I will be just fine, I just need a small catch cup in those rare cases. Time will tell.
    The o-ring slips over the contact pin and lifts it higher to meet your atty. Popular fix in the days b4 spring loaded center pins. Vids on utube perhaps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread