Becoming a vape reviewer for e liquid and mod venders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Smith

Sep 11, 2017
Hi my name is Allan and I have been vaping for 5 years now. I have wanted to become a reviewer for a e liquid companies and mod companies. I don't have a YouTube channel like other reviewers do, but I want to become a blog reviewer for these companies. All my e liquid and vape gear I own i have bought, so getting companies to send me e liquid and vape gear to review is this a good way get started. Basically writing reviews on stuff I already own and e liquid that I own to get my name out there. So these companies know who I am and start sending me e liquid and mods to review and write about.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Firstly : welcome to ecf :D

Secondly: I honestly doubt you'll get free gear by posting reviews here (could be wrong too who knows)
Imho by the way things go these days you'd need a big viewership for companies to notice and send you stuff,it never hurts to ask them though specially if you're interested in their products.
If i were you i'd start by the latest i have and review that,then see how that blog goes and who knows maybe you'll attract enough views and people to get some juices and such,but imho a youtube channel will work better than a blog simply because more people are on youtube and search that way (i know i do when i wanna look at something new that's vape related).

At the end of the day it's not like you'd loose something by trying though, so i'll say this : JUST DO IT !!:headbang:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I hate to burst bubbles by bearing bad tidings, but no one is gonna send you free stuff unless your blog has something like 690,568 followers and spans the globe. And even if you did have that kind of reach and influence, the first bad review you write effectively ends the relationship you had with the company that provided the product.

There are only a handful of truly independent reviewers in any of the tech sectors, from cellphones to laptops and from gaming gadgets to vape gear. The ones who are real independents are the ones who built their readership and following over multiple years, sometimes writing to tens of followers, not tens of thousands, and they either buy the stuff they're reviewing or have established relationships with manufacturers or distributors.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
...the first bad review you write effectively ends the relationship you had with the company that provided the product.

My possible reviewing career ended when I was sent something not worth buying. I wasn't prepared to lie.
Sure, I'm bitter about it. Many of my posts are trying to point out not everything is transparent and equal in the world of e-cigs. Sadly, the big brands will nearly always win but we/I enjoy making dents in the armour of greedy businessmen. Quite how we stop big tobacco I don't know.
If Halo, Vaporfi and Juul win the race, then fair play. I don't like what they do, but it's better than giving the game to corporations that deal in ill-health and financial ruin.
Some countries are trying to price smokers out of smoking. This in turn means tobacco companies won't care about charging $20 for $1 worth of junky plastic trash. Unless of course the community stands firm and comes together - which doesn't seem likely. I know people who vape $4,000 a year products and still smoke. They think they are winning the battle against smoking. They are deluded. Sad.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I hate to burst bubbles by bearing bad tidings, but no one is gonna send you free stuff unless your blog has something like 690,568 followers and spans the globe.
I've got plenty of free stuff here. Not by promising reviews, but by entering contests (and accepting the occasional PIF). In this image, the only things I've paid for are a couple drip tips and the atty stands (and $4 once to appease the FDA in the post-deeming era.) Everything else was free (I'll have even more once the loot from my $50 FastTech gift code gets here in another week or so.) Not pictured: LMC 200W box mod and Uwell Crown 3 tank (traded to a friend for ~$90 worth of non-vape-related items), about half a liter of free juice that's either been vaped or PIF'ed by now, and one slim-line pen-style kit that I passed along to another friend who has since quit smoking and vaping completely.)

...mech mods, box mods, tube mods, sub-ohm tanks, RDA's, RTA's, RDTA's...most of it's authentic, the Panzer and Kayfun are clones I got long ago, through PIF. I don't think this is all that exceptional of a haul, either. I don't even enter all the contests, just the ones that interest me. There are other "regulars" in the contests forum that I see win way more often than I do. Get 'cherself on over there, get 'cher name in some of the contest threads, and get 'cherself some free gear!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've got plenty of free stuff here. Not by promising reviews, but by entering contests (and accepting the occasional PIF). In this image, the only things I've paid for are a couple drip tips and the atty stands (and $4 once to appease the FDA in the post-deeming era.) Everything else was free (I'll have even more once the loot from my $50 FastTech gift code gets here in another week or so.) Not pictured: LMC 200W box mod and Uwell Crown 3 tank (traded to a friend for ~$90 worth of non-vape-related items), about half a liter of free juice that's either been vaped or PIF'ed by now, and one slim-line pen-style kit that I passed along to another friend who has since quit smoking and vaping completely.)

...mech mods, box mods, tube mods, sub-ohm tanks, RDA's, RTA's, RDTA's...most of it's authentic, the Panzer and Kayfun are clones I got long ago, through PIF. I don't think this is all that exceptional of a haul, either. I don't even enter all the contests, just the ones that interest me. There are other "regulars" in the contests forum that I see win way more often than I do. Get 'cherself on over there, get 'cher name in some of the contest threads, and get 'cherself some free gear!
Holy [edited] 0.0 I need that luck man ! Only thing i've ever won was a pen at a christmas party from work.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I've never ever won on those contests. Glad someone actually does.;)
I've seen folks say they've played the contests for years without a win. Guess some of us are just lucky. But since finally winning something I actually liked, my first Pico then a second one, I've been losing interest lately.

Stuff I've won

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi my name is Allan and I have been vaping for 5 years now. I have wanted to become a reviewer for a e liquid companies and mod companies. I don't have a YouTube channel like other reviewers do, but I want to become a blog reviewer for these companies. All my e liquid and vape gear I own i have bought, so getting companies to send me e liquid and vape gear to review is this a good way get started. Basically writing reviews on stuff I already own and e liquid that I own to get my name out there. So these companies know who I am and start sending me e liquid and mods to review and write about.
Welcome and glad you joined.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread