Been vaping on an istick 50w with atlantis 2 for a couple months. Am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark12

May 3, 2014
Chicago
Hey folks!
As it says in the title, I have using the istick 50w that I got when it first came out. At first I used the nautilus mini, but wasn't getting the vapor production I wanted. So i bumped up to an Atlantis 2 and it was great until i realized how quick it went through juice with a 0.5ohm coil at 33w. So i bought the extended tank and everything seems to be going well even though I lose the top airflow from the atlantis 2 tank because I have to use an Atlantis 1 extender.

Anyway, in the next few weeks I am going to visit my sister in Italy for a month and I want to bring her a new ecig as a gift, because she is using a very early generation one that produces very little vapor and she says she likes how much mine produces.

I figure this is a good opportunity to get another setup for myself too. The idea of temperature control sounds awesome because I really dislike getting hot drags. I am usually able to be near a USB port so battery capacity isnt a huge issue, but tank capacity kind of is. I am not sure what the popular new combos are out there, but I bet there are some pretty cool things nowadays.

Are there any kits that are frequently recommended for someone with these needs? Or a tank and battery combo that you folks think would suit me well? I will probably end up buying the same one for my sister too.

I really appreciate any advice you folks can offer!

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
Hey folks!
As it says in the title, I have using the istick 50w that I got when it first came out. At first I used the nautilus mini, but wasn't getting the vapor production I wanted. So i bumped up to an Atlantis 2 and it was great until i realized how quick it went through juice with a 0.5ohm coil at 33w. So i bought the extended tank and everything seems to be going well even though I lose the top airflow from the atlantis 2 tank because I have to use an Atlantis 1 extender.

Anyway, in the next few weeks I am going to visit my sister in Italy for a month and I want to bring her a new ecig as a gift, because she is using a very early generation one that produces very little vapor and she says she likes how much mine produces.

I figure this is a good opportunity to get another setup for myself too. The idea of temperature control sounds awesome because I really dislike getting hot drags. I am usually able to be near a USB port so battery capacity isnt a huge issue, but tank capacity kind of is. I am not sure what the popular new combos are out there, but I bet there are some pretty cool things nowadays.

Are there any kits that are frequently recommended for someone with these needs? Or a tank and battery combo that you folks think would suit me well? I will probably end up buying the same one for my sister too.

I really appreciate any advice you folks can offer!

If you get the right tank you won't have to worry about it getting hot. I'd take a look into the SMOK TFV4, it's got two parts where you inhale.. an outer ring that doesn't produce smoke and an inner ring that produces the smoke.. this way your drip tip stays very cool and never comes close to getting hott. The tank itself is pretty big holding 5mls of juice... there is also the SMOK TFV4 mini.. This is the best tank hands down on the market right now if you are going to be sub-ohm vaping and want to produce a little clouds. They have such a variety of coils from a Quad coil that's rated 40-140 watts, to an RBA with dual coils in it that you can build.. There is also coils for it so you don't have to sub-ohm too much. I believe they have a 1.0 ohm coil and a .5 ohm coil. Now if you like the istick, i'd say bump it up to the istick 100 watt one. There's ALOT of new mods on the market I personally love my IPV3LI but can be a bit bulky for people. I'd look at the Evic VTC mini for your sister, goes up to 60 watts, great flavor, great tank with large juice capacity as well.

Reactions: dark12

dark12

May 3, 2014
Chicago
If you get the right tank you won't have to worry about it getting hot. I'd take a look into the SMOK TFV4, it's got two parts where you inhale.. an outer ring that doesn't produce smoke and an inner ring that produces the smoke.. this way your drip tip stays very cool and never comes close to getting hott. The tank itself is pretty big holding 5mls of juice... there is also the SMOK TFV4 mini.. This is the best tank hands down on the market right now if you are going to be sub-ohm vaping and want to produce a little clouds. They have such a variety of coils from a Quad coil that's rated 40-140 watts, to an RBA with dual coils in it that you can build.. There is also coils for it so you don't have to sub-ohm too much. I believe they have a 1.0 ohm coil and a .5 ohm coil. Now if you like the istick, i'd say bump it up to the istick 100 watt one. There's ALOT of new mods on the market I personally love my IPV3LI but can be a bit bulky for people. I'd look at the Evic VTC mini for your sister, goes up to 60 watts, great flavor, great tank with large juice capacity as well.

That is extremely helpful! I will definitely check these out after work tonight. Sounds like I am in for a good time with the new tech. :D

Thank you for the info

level0five

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
I would recommend the Evic VTC Mini (mod only) paired with a Kanger Subtank Mini. It's a great performing setup and affords plenty of room to grow into. You'll get a .5 ohm coil for clouds, 1.2 ohm for a tamer vape, and a RBA if you want to experiment with rebuildables. And you can get the Ni200 coils for temp mode. And they both come in black or white for matchy-matchy or going stormtrooper. The cyan Evic with a black Subtank would look killer too. If you want more juice capacity go with an iStick 60W and Subtank Plus.

dark12

May 3, 2014
Chicago
I would recommend the Evic VTC Mini (mod only) paired with a Kanger Subtank Mini. It's a great performing setup and affords plenty of room to grow into. You'll get a .5 ohm coil for clouds, 1.2 ohm for a tamer vape, and a RBA if you want to experiment with rebuildables. And you can get the Ni200 coils for temp mode. And they both come in black or white for matchy-matchy or going stormtrooper. The cyan Evic with a black Subtank would look killer too. If you want more juice capacity go with an iStick 60W and Subtank Plus.

Cool thanks!
I will check out that subtank plus.
I am starting to lean toward the istick 40w because the 60w needs its own battery and it seems like i see people make a huge deal about how dangerous they are, even though a lot of it seems like common sense.
How much safer are regular already-installed battery setups like the istick tc40w compared to the battery-not-included setups like the istick tc60w? (Assuming i go with a nice sony brand 18650 battery).

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Hmm for simplicity's sake, the istick 40w tc and their GS-Tank show a lot of promise for a very low price. I love my 50w. Well the battery part looks amazing, but I am still trying to find comparisons of their GS-Tank to the ones suggested here.

Is this is an ok option to look into as well? Anyone have experience with these?

The iStick TC40 is a good 'starter' TC mod - inexpensive and simple to operate. Matching the possible vapor output of an Atlantis2 on the other hand might be a challenge. You could go the Kanger 'Sub Tank Mini' (STM) which would give you factory Kanthal and Ni coils along with the option of building your own on the included RBA. However (in my experience/opinion) not quite at the vapor/flavor level of an Atlantis2.

My current 'goto' tank 'Lemo2' can easily deliver more vapor and flavor than the Atlantis2 however the user needs to make their own coils/wick for it. Someone else already mentioned the "TFV4" and while I have one on order there are many who say that some of its 'factory coils' require greater than 80W to truly start performing. There are optional single and dual coil RBA decks for it.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2015
    Waynesboro, PA
    It seems that the iStick and the Kanger subtank mini just go hand in hand. Make sure you get the warranty on the iStick though. I have not had any issues but other people have. The K subtank mini is great. See if you can get the plus one, because the RBA that comes with it is awesome. Flavor and clouds galore for just a tank.

level0five

Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    I am starting to lean toward the istick 40w because the 60w needs its own battery and it seems like i see people make a huge deal about how dangerous they are, even though a lot of it seems like common sense.

I would go with the 60W iStick over the 40W. The 60W has Nickel and Titanium temp modes. The 40W only has Nickel. Titanium is safer and allows you to make contact coils. And being a heavy vaper you'll be tethered to a USB cable too much with the 40W. You can just swap batts with the 60W. Grab LG HG2's and you'll have 3000mah compared to 2600mah. I would stay away from the Sony's. Too hard to tell if they're legit. And don't be too worried about batteries. Most of the horror stories you hear were about ICR chemistry batts and super low ohm dripper builds. We now have IMR and INR which are much safer and don't vent nearly as violently.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2015
    Newcastle, UK
    If using a lot of juice in a small time period bothers you then do not buy the tfv4 it is hands down the thirstiest tank on the market. I can empty 5ml in 30mins. Depending on your vapeing style it will differ of course

I suggest the crown, it also like juice but isn't as extreme it's probably the best tank part from the tfv4 IMO

Look up uwell crown, it has nickel coils

.25 .5 and RBA coils too, the istick40 TC would be great for a starter mod or the evic vt

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    I want to experience having too much vapor. :D

Ok Ok I will try to be patient. I am just hoping I can find one before I go out of the country
    I'm vaping on a Cloupor Gt 80 and a Crown Tank.
    And it's too much vapor. I have to hold the vape in my lungs and absorb because the clouds are too much. I'm embarrassed at
    times to vape in public because the Clouds are humongous. I'm vaping at around 40-50 Watts on the SS Attys and both have given an
    excellent vape. Enjoyed the nickel one too but am avoiding it because I worry about the health consequences of Nickel.

One disadvantage is that it doesn't have USB Port but that is compensated for by it taking two 18650 batteries and I go 24 hours on a charge with plenty to spare.
    The Crown comes with One .15 Ohm Nickel Atty and a .25 Ohm & .50 Ohm ATtys. The .25 and .5 Ohm Coils are Stainless Steel. In my opinion, stainless steel is the safest
    material for coils on the market. Think about it. Chef's use stainless steel at high temperature with Caustic Liquids and you don't hear about them suffering from health issues.

I have a Cloupor Mini Plus coming [Won it in the ECF Giveaway] and I'm thinking about pairing it with the Tobeco Supertank Mini
    for stealth vaping.

The Evic Vt is a very interesting APV it has a USB Port. Also since the battery is built in if your sister doesn't have 18650 Batteries, she'll save on batteries and a charger.
    I've heard good things about it.

dark12

May 3, 2014
    Chicago
    Thanks guys that makes me feel a lot better.
    I will still probably get the 40w for my sister because i think she will be much more comfortable with the built in battery.
    Looks like i will have a lot more to look at when it comes to tanks.
    I will only to buy one battery because the TSA doesnt allow loose lithium batteries. If i get the 3000mah lg one then that should be fine for me because my 4400mah istick 50w lasts me at least 2 days and i almost always have easy access to usb ports.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread