Beginner tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralTrue

Sep 13, 2014
Netherlands
Oke i got a question.

I am very new to e-cigs and i dont know anything about modding or whatever.

I just really wanted to know is why would i want to mod why should i just not vape with a normal e-cig that i buy in the store?

What are the do and do not`s in vaping?

Like as a beginner what should i not mess with if i just want to smoke electronicly because i want to smoke inside?

What are recommend e-liquids?

What products should i avoid?

Should i only charge the battery when its almost emty or can i charge it because i want it to be completly full when i come back?

Is it harmfull to keep it on the charger when its already full?

Is it true that the more nicotine in the liquid the stronger the smoke will feel in my lungs?

Thanks in advance for reading and feel free to add any advice on your own ^^.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Oke i got a question.

I am very new to e-cigs and i dont know anything about modding or whatever.

I just really wanted to know is why would i want to mod why should i just not vape with a normal e-cig that i buy in the store?

I'm not sure what you're referencing as a "normal e-cig", but guessing it's one that looks the same size & shape as a cigarette. They have horrible battery life, and you can spend all your time refilling the liquid in them, and they have a habit of failing to work when you want them the most.

Do - Always have a spare backup unit, if one fails they are not as easily replaceable as a pack of smokes.
Don't - Vape a dry coil, dry hits taste terrible.

Like as a beginner what should i not mess with if i just want to smoke electronicly because i want to smoke inside?

The mech mods and re-buildable atomizers and tanks are a bit complicated for someone that is not mechanically or electronically inclined. They are good to vape on, but not necessary for a beginner.

Any that taste good to YOU. There are hundreds of flavors available, and everyone has their own favorites. Just try a few that sound good to you.

The cigarette sized vaporizers are usually the biggest disappointments.

Should i only charge the battery when its almost emty or can i charge it because i want it to be completly full when i come back?

The batteries do not have the problems on a memory, so you can recharge anytime you like.

Some chargers may overcharge the battery shortening their lifespan, and if excessively overcharged can cause them to vent.

Is it true that the more nicotine in the liquid the stronger the smoke will feel in my lungs?

Higher nicotine will increase the hit you feel a bit, it's best just to find whatever replaces your smokes for you. As with flavors, everyone has their own favorite nicotine level.

Thanks in advance for reading and feel free to add any advice on your own ^^.

Best advice...read a bunch of threads here on ECF, and ask questions when a post doesn't make sense. You won't get flamed, we gave up smoking but we're not having nicotine fits....:lol:

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
What Stosh said.

Also, don't charge your batteries unattended, on the very rare occasion that something goes wrong, you want to be around and awake to deal with it.

I bought a metal cash box from walmart, large enough to fit my charger and batteries into, and drilled a hole in the side to big enough to put the cord through. Whenever I'm charging a battery I just close the lid and lock it. I have a good charger, but a $12 extra layer of protection is worth it to me.

photo.jpg

Reactions: Zen Knitter
Stosh didn't mention it, but you should only use quality batteries bought from a trusted source. The batteries are by far the most dangerous part of vaping.

Depending on your Mod, there are several sizes and brands to choose from. AW, Sony, Samsung, and LG are all good choices. For mods that require high amps then real Sony VTC4 and VTC5 batteries are your best bet though they are hard to find right now. I repeat, BUY FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'm waiting for my first Vape Wild delivery, which was due yesterday.

Stosh has great answers, but just being past the newb stage myself, here's my take.

You don't have to buy a mod. Whatever works for you is good enough. I stepped up to some entry level mods (MVP2, SVD) for longer battery life and to see if vaping at 5 volts/11 watts was more enjoyable.

Do: Read more on ECF.
    Don't: Take anyone's word on ECF as gospel, unless otherwise backed up or heavily liked.

First thing is to make a conscious decision to replace the word smoke with the word vape, if that is what you mean. The two should never be confused with each other. If you want to vape inside, and not set off those around you, use high PG eliquid at lower power. If other people are not a concern, experiment with what ever you like.

Here's an excerpt from a long running thread based on ECF user opinions. Ignore numbers #1 and #13.

1 Alien Visions 118
    2 Heather's Heavenly Vapes 113
    3 Backwoods Brew 81
    4 Ahlusion 75
    5 Halo 75
    6 Alice in Vapeland 58
    7 Highbrow Vapor 57
    8 Mt. Baker Vapor 57
    9 NiteLite Vapor 57
    10 Roar (Rawr) Vapor 42
    11 Vermillion River 42
    12 ECBlends 36
    13 Ms T's Bakery 36....

See post #3023 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/304212-top-5-vendors-e-liquid-303.html

I avoid items from ebay or any site that looks sketchy, doesn't have a return policy, or makes claims that don't sound realistic.

Some say a charge cycle is a charge cycle and just topping them off counts as that. Most batteries have around 300 charge cycles. I always use mine to the red before charging.

Great answers above. Use good recommended name brand equipment, but be in the habit of staying around. I either charge my 18650/18350 batteries at work next to my desk, eGos and VV3 at night next the sink of my bathroom where I visit usually twice an evening. ;)

The higher nicotine liquid should feel sharper in your throat, thus, the term throat hit

Oh yeah. Vape mail arrived, and Vape Wild threw in 3 other flavors to try.

Back to the fort. :vapor:

Last edited:

GeneralTrue

Sep 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    Oke thanks allot everyone that really helps.

I am curious if there are any salty or spicy E-liquid flavours? I am not really such a sweet tooth and rather have spicy and salty flavours.

Also it would be helpfull if the E-liquids are available in the Netherlands or else ordering them would be very bothersome as the delivery time and i got no credit card so i can only pay with Ideal through internet banking.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Read. I got involved by asking questions. I looked up all of the (@#$%) abbreviations that are used.

I wanted to get away from cigarettes and continuing to get the nicotine did that. But, I found a lot more. I appreciate it and respect it. My sense of shame in smoking is gone. I had a simple e-cig and it was like driving a 2-cylinder car.

It is a good thing.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

I am curious if there are any salty or spicy E-liquid flavours? I am not really such a sweet tooth and rather have spicy and salty flavours.

I'd say you would be a candidate for tobaccos. A lot of nicotine bases used for tobaccos seem to have a Jalapeño pepper accent to them. Backwoods Brews tobaccos struck me as being that kind of spicy/savory.

In the Netherlands? You might ask here: Nederlands or Europe Forum

Last edited:

Star55

Dec 7, 2014
    Macon Ga
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Not helpful to OP

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

Also it would be helpfull if the E-liquids are available in the Netherlands or else ordering them would be very bothersome as the delivery time and i got no credit card so i can only pay with Ideal through internet banking.

Thank you all :)

GeneralTrue, please ask this in General E-Liquid Discussion - thank you !!!

Closing this now

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread