Bench Test Results: Vapcell 20A 5500mAh 26650...best performer for up to 20A/60W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a physically and electrically protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition. Use of any of these batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

8BEF641E-0954-46D2-A113-266E1AEF6F13.jpeg ABC7066B-D5D4-4396-8E77-7C0A6C0D862A.jpeg 423D4D0F-1208-47C1-A32E-2ABDEA870828.jpeg 8ED7F45D-9BA6-4CB0-8FCD-864CE01083EE.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This is a great performing cell that will give you more vaping time than any other 26650 I’ve tested recently if you are at 20A/60W or lower. At power levels above this the 4200mAh-4300mAh cells based on the YDL 26650D are a better choice. This does NOT include the poor performing, and preposterously overrated, Efest 35A/50A 4200mAh 26650.

The capacity for the two Vapcells I tested was 5870mAh and 5879mAh at 1100mA (0.2C) down to 2.5V. This is fantastic consistency for a China manufactured cell and they easily exceeded their 5500mAh rating. I am rating these cells at at Vapcell’s rating of 5500mAh to prevent confusion but they are clearly higher capacity cells.

Two cells were purchased for testing by me.

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    F326DC21-AFF7-482F-8DFA-656E8D14C2C5.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    36B9577A-F9A3-46B5-99C8-8C591EF58482.jpeg

Performance Specs
    • DC Internal Resistance = 19.7mOhms*** (milliohms) average for the two cells.
    • Watt-hours (energy) delivered at 10A down to 3.2V = 16.4Wh
    • Watt-hours (energy) delivered at 20A down to 3.2V = 10.5Wh
    • 2-sec puff count at 30W = 984
    • 2-sec puff count at 60W = 315
    I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

***I have switched test jigs, resulting in slightly lower IR readings versus my previous setup. Add 1.6mOhms to this IR value in order to compare these cells to others tested previously.

Chakthi

ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hey Mooch, thanks for all that you do for the community. It's much appreciated!!

That being said, I wonder if you have run across the cell I have pictured below. It's a very inexpensive cell ($5.99), but it's wrapper specs aren't far off from your #1 26650 right now. Any chance you could test this G53 Vapcell? I don't know where to order them from tbh. A guy in a flashlight group I'm in asked about them. Since you hadn't reviewed them, I kind of guided him towards your top pick, but he seems to be really money-conscious, so I told him I'd ask you if it was possible to have that cell tested. If you can, I'll contact the guy and find out where he found those cells for sale. Thanks, and if you can't do it, I understand. I'm sure you're a very busy guy, but if it's not too much trouble, it'd be cool.
    Vapcell GS3.jpg

Edit: I signed up to support you through Patreon, Mooch. I didn't know you had that going on, I just kind of stumbled across it. First thing I saw was that you are looking at that cell at this very moment! Awesome!!

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Edit: I signed up to support you through Patreon, Mooch. I didn't know you had that going on, I just kind of stumbled across it. First thing I saw was that you are looking at that cell at this very moment! Awesome!!

Yup...my Patreon patrons have already seen the test results for that battery. The full test report should be posted this week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread