Best atomiser for the Reo Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I recommend you get the Low Profile (LP) Grand as then you can use any bottom fed rda.

As for which atty, if you are new to rebuilding, the RM2 is great. Its easy to build, has great flavor and is inexpensive. I also like the Atomic/RM4.

After you've become more confident, there are many attys to try. Some can be bought ready for bottom feeding like the Viscious Ant Cyclone or Loki Labs Odin. Or a member here named Chowderhead can modify other RDAs for you. He does excellent, precision work.

Using a subtank or nautilus would defeat the purpose of having a bottom fed mod. As Roxy pointed out, you could use one of the rebuildables that are sold on the REO website. These mods are designed to be used with an RDA that has been modified to be bottom fed. I don't know of anyone using a tank system on a REO. It would fire the atomizer, but you wouldn't be able to squonk.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Well what a great choice that would be. I cannot tell you much the reos have done for my vaping nirvana.

There are many bottom fed atomizers available for the grand and the LP would give you a broader choice. I have only used the rm2 (been using them for almost a year) and other than a fantastic vape, they are just super easy to build and use.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/601169-reomizer-physical-comparison-chart-rm2-rm3-rm4-rm5.html
JC_link.gif

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html
JC_link.gif

Let us know if there are any other questions or concerns. We are like a family and love to help others. Good luck to you.

Reactions: stanleybb50

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Easiest to build attys for the REO are the RM2s. They also offer superior flavor and excellent vapor density. I use a non-LP Grand daily with a non-LP RM2... and another non-LP Grand with an RM3 Dual Coil version. My next REO will be an LP and I'll get an LP RM2 with it to start out with.

The RM2 is easy to build and really does offer excellent vapor density, excellent flavor, and low maintenance. It's one of the easiest devices to recommend for a REO.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I just received my Odin from Lokilabs today and it's the best atty I've ever used on my Reo Grand. Flavor and vapor are excellent! I waited a long time for these to get back in stock so I ordered a bottom feeder for my Reo & a regular one for my other devices.

Attachments

• 20150418_123922.jpg
    20150418_123922.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: aikanae1

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
I have 2 attys on hand and 1 on the way: a Reomizer 4 (I'm not real sure I like it, I'm just not sure about the diameter and how well it wicks) a Mephisto (clone) fixed up by Catfish Atty Mods (really impressed here, great size, great flavor) and an Odin on the way. So far I'd haetve to say the Catfish Atty is the best coupling yet. I'll let you know how I like the Odin.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Easiest to build attys for the REO are the RM2s. They also offer superior flavor and excellent vapor density. I use a non-LP Grand daily with a non-LP RM2... and another non-LP Grand with an RM3 Dual Coil version. My next REO will be an LP and I'll get an LP RM2 with it to start out with.

The RM2 is easy to build and really does offer excellent vapor density, excellent flavor, and low maintenance. It's one of the easiest devices to recommend for a REO.

I'm not sure this is very instructive. Let's get rid of a few acronyms first. LP = low profile - it means your Reo has been milled down to accept anything on top, yes, even your tank atties. The earlier versions of Reos had a catchcup that only atties of 14mm or less would fit in.

All the atties sold on the Reosmods website are called RM(number). The RM2 is a modified Triangle atty and a RM4 is an Atomic, again modified to bottom feed. So it goes.

You do want a bottom feeding atty on a Reo, because putting a tank on it, while possible is really desert island stuff.
Get a LP Grand - no, it's not that big, and a RM2, because it's the easiest thing to build coils on ever.

i never tried to measure vapor density, so i'm clueless as far as that goes.

Post pictures when you get it and see you around!

T

Reactions: aikanae1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread