The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best battery for dna40

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by jclifford94, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. So I got the VaporShark rDNA 40 today and it's pretty awesome so far. I noticed though that the battery drains very quickly. It's an LG he2. If I'm going to continue running it at 40 watts, what would be a better battery to use? I was thinking either a Samsung 25r or a Sony vtc4

2. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    IMO the Samsung might give you slightly better performance, the VTC4 will I believe be slightly worse and a VTC5 will be a bit better. Here's the Steam Engine vape calculator.

If you plug in the numbers for a HE2 battery and 40 watts you'll see you get about 12 minutes of total vape time. 144 drags with 5 second pulls, so not many at all.

3. Thanks Ryedan. Is there anywhere authentic vtc5s are still available?

4. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    You're welcome. As far as I know there are no authentic VTC5's available right now anywhere.

VTC5's are also not going to make much of a difference. Here's a table of discharge curves for the HE2, 25R, VTC4 and VTC5 at 5 amps. 40 watts will be more like 10 amps, but this site does 5A max. The VTC5 will pull ahead of the others a bit at 10A, but not by much. You can see the VTC4 fall behind quite a bit and that will be the same at 10A.

Unfortunately there is nothing on the market that will give you a significant improvement from what you have now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.