Best Battery Option For Asmodus Pumper 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I'm thinking of buying the Asmodus Pumper 18 and I would want to buy new batteries together. My coils would be at about .20 - .35 and I'm trying to get the most amp and mah per battery. I'm aware that this is not a regular regulated mod but it does have the basic protection and it's like bypass mode. Please suggest the best battery possible. Thank you!

Edit: I was eying the Sony VTC5A 2600mah 25A Battery. Seems like a great option. If someone knows of a better option please let me know.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
listed device have 80W output, is not a mech mod, so beware the ohm you sit also, 25R will suit fine, get your batteries from a reputable seller, like imrbatteries.com, great deals there!
also, the mod is capable to use 18650's and 20700, so check on prices and choose wisely!

Regards,
The pumper 18 is 18650 only. The pumper 20 can use the 20700s.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
my bad, the point is, the device is regulated, you have a safe margin and big one indeed to use most batteries in market, if the device is a mech one, beware ohm and battery safety !
It works like a mech, meaning the ohms determines the wattage and amp draw. But it also has a safety chip to add some protection. It is considered unregulated. You still need to be mindful like when using a mech with one of these, it just has an added layer of protection to it.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
i dont like that semi- mech stuff, i like mech mech! also use regulated ones, but i rather mech mostly, simplicity!

It works like a mech, meaning the ohms determines the wattage and amp draw. But it also has a safety chip to add some protection. It is considered unregulated. You still need to be mindful like when using a mech with one of these, it just has an added layer of protection to it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ee44ae9c-5c06-4ac6-888e-3fa7d520fc73-jpeg.806213

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I'm thinking of buying the Asmodus Pumper 18 and I would want to buy new batteries together. My coils would be at about .20 - .35 and I'm trying to get the most amp and mah per battery. I'm aware that this is not a regular regulated mod but it does have the basic protection and it's like bypass mode. Please suggest the best battery possible. Thank you!

Edit: I was eying the Sony VTC5A 2600mah 25A Battery. Seems like a great option. If someone knows of a better option please let me know.

Those sound good. I use Samsung 25Rs Mostly. Where you buying the Pumper 18 from? Be sure to join the Showoff Your Stabwood thread also there’s a great Asmodus thread!

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Those sound good. I use Samsung 25Rs Mostly. Where you buying the Pumper 18 from? Be sure to join the Showoff Your Stabwood thread also there’s a great Asmodus thread!
I ordered my mod from the Asmodus website. I was able to choose the exact finish that I wanted that way as opposed to from a different site that I wouldn't know exactly how it will look. Surely when I receive the mod I'll show it in the thread. About a couple months ago I was thinking of this purchase and I finally made it. I'm glad I did because this squonker seems to be more pocket friendly than most being that the bottle isn't the thing that gets pinched rather it has a lever.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
my tab 521 is showing some age, soon will be replaced,was thinking about this:
20170704172216_65282.jpg
I've had a few ohm readers (not that one) but they always fail kind of quickly on me. My DNA mod (a US Modz Stinger 75C) has served as an ohm reader for twice as long as any ohm reader has lasted me so far. The failure point seems to commonly be the 510, at least in my experience. It might have been a streak of bad luck on my part, but using a mod just has worked much better for me.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
listed device have 80W output, is not a mech mod, so beware the ohm you sit also, 25R will suit fine, get your batteries from a reputable seller, like imrbatteries.com, great deals there!
also, the mod is capable to use 18650's and 20700, so check on prices and choose wisely!

Regards,
The pumper 18 only uses 18650. The Pumper 20/21 uses 20700, and 21700 batteries. :thumb:

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
The mod and batteries are coming two days apart unfortunately. Would have been nice to use the new batteries right away.

This is my first mod that functions as a mech, aside from the fact that it has safety features. I also ordered the .Blank rda to match the Pumper and its a single coil rda. I already know the build that I will be using and it's a six wrap nichrome clapton that ohms out at about .45 so I have a question.

I have a whole bunch of LG HG2 and Samsung 25R batteries that I have used already. Based on that build I'll be using should I have an issue using these batteries that are only 20A in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread