Best build for 120w on a Mutation V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I'm fairly new to the whole cloud thing and wanted to know if somebody could recommend me the best build for vapor production in my V4 on my SX Mini M Class. I'm using stacked batteries LG HG2.

I was running 24g dual parallels at around .13. Somebody in a Facebook group told me to shoot for higher ohms with a lot of surface area. According to Steam Engine, the sweet spot for this box is .495. I have 24g, 26g and 28g Kanthal.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
A lot of people like parallels for high wattage, but since you're on a regulated device you have more options. Surface area will also be easier to increase, but if the coil is too long you may run into wicking issues.

You can do 24 gauge dual coils with a 3mm internal diameter at around 0.35-0.40ohms, it comes out to about 8 wraps. If your rda has the room you can try spaced wraps too. I run two similar builds, contact wraps in the Mutation2 and spaced in the Phenotype-L, both can handle 100+ watt draw. You can also try a lower gauge like 22, but then you're back to going into lower ohms.

I don't think you should look for a build that wants to max out the wattage on the device, You can get some really great vapor production under 100watts. How the airflow works in a particular atomizer is also a big factor.

I would play around on steam engine, I would keep the coil diameter to 3mm too. See what you can do with the 0.20-0.40ohm range.

Reactions: Tom Waznis

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I played around a bit and got a twisted 26g reading at 0.430. While good, im trying to get a bit higher since Steam Engine shows the sweet spot at 0.495. With the way the juice well & bottom airflow is on the MXV4, you don't have a lot of room to work with for parallel coils. I think I might keep this one as is and jump on the 28mm Alliance for more surface area and airflow. I don't want these builds as ADV's since I use my Tugboat V2's for that but there are a lot of cloud competitions in my area and I would like to actually win one.

Robbie Guidero

Sep 9, 2015
I played around a bit and got a twisted 26g reading at 0.430. While good, im trying to get a bit higher since Steam Engine shows the sweet spot at 0.495. With the way the juice well & bottom airflow is on the MXV4, you don't have a lot of room to work with for parallel coils. I think I might keep this one as is and jump on the 28mm Alliance for more surface area and airflow. I don't want these builds as ADV's since I use my Tugboat V2's for that but there are a lot of cloud competitions in my area and I would like to actually win one.

you should try 26 parellel 6 wrap around a 5/64 drill bit. My personal favorite build for cloud chasing.

Subversivedeviant1

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2015
Caucasia
I'm using the x4 mini on a single cell mech so I'm not achieving the wattage you're at but I'm running dual 5 wrap 28g zipper coils and the clouds and flavor are great. But as I said, on my battery at full charge it puts around 50 watts on this build
Edit: forgot to mention that's with coil ID of 2.4mm I believe (been using this build for a while now. I originally had these coils in my mutilator but wanted to try some Clapton in that bad boy)

Reactions: Tom Waznis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread