Best flavours for beginners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
I think theres like 5 or more flavor profiles. Sweet, fruit, tobacco, bakery, dessert, and savory maybe. Theres more but IDK right now.

Those are good places to start, or a mix of these IMO.

GL and welcome to ECF.

ETA - the darker the juice, the harder it will be on your coils. Many Store bought juices use a lot of flavoring compared to DIY juice.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try any flavors you find appealing, just make sure you are gearing your nic level to your device. Generally, the less vapor produced often times the higher the nicotine, as more vapor per puff means more absorption per puff.

Other than that, if you have a juice bar that offers tasting near you, it's a great way to try flavor profiles at a 0 or minimal cost. If you are buying online many vendors will offer a set of smaller juices to try, like a sample pack, and that can be a good way to find flavors for yourself as well.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I started on menthol - still enjoy it now occasionally 4 months later. Fave now is a mint van ice cream ;)

Menthol was a good transition from smoking for me - but just go with your fave 'taste' - if you like fruits, pick something fruity, or maybe a coffee cream is more your thing.

Good luck and welcome aboard :)

K-9s

Apr 12, 2018
    Georgia
    That was the hardest part for me. I bought a lot of different flavors and found I didn't like most of them. Sometimes the exact same flavors are good from some vendors and not good from others. People here can give you suggestions, but it really is something you have to figure out on your own. I think that was the biggest barrier to entry for me. Luckily, I found enough flavors that I like to keep me vaping.

The truth is out there. The journey is yours, alone.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Junction, Co
    Finding a juice you like is more trial and error than anything else. I bought truck loads of small bottles of liquid in the early days and liked very little of it enough to vape it all the time. Vanilla, horchata, strawberry cheescake, and some orange cream flavors are about all Ive found that I truly enjoy vaping. I have had a good chocolate mint juice in the past as well but they are often really hit or miss.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Chocolate flavors sound good but rarely hit the mark for real chocolate taste. Strawberry anything is good. Well, mostly. Fruity cereal flavors are good too. Its all really up to you to try different ones if you can to see what you like and dont like. Try smash mouth from humble juice co. Strawberry cupcake...its a great place to start

Reactions: stols001

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    You will probably need to try several different flavors to find what works for you. I got sample packs from Vapewild and Ohmsvape. Don't get frustrated if the juice that sounds great tastes like crap to you. That's just the way it works sometimes. I went through a bunch of berry flavors before I figured out I like melon and dessert flavors. Trying new flavors is just part of the fun.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Like everyone said, try lots of sample flavors to find what you like.

But, be warned, your tastes will change over time, especially in the first year. So, once you find the flavor(s) you like, don't buy 1 liter of each.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I started vaping with a menthol, because I smoked menthol cigarettes.

I quickly moved on to fruit and coffee flavors. Current favorite is Coffee Cake.

Finding a flavor that you will like is possibly the most important thing to find, even more than the gear you choose to vape with. The issue is everyone's taste preference is different from other vapers What one person likes, you probably won't, and vice versa.

If there is a vape shop nearby that offers sampling of their flavors, take advantage of that.

Some commercialized manufacturers (online) offer small flavor samples to try so that you don't waste a lot of money on larger volume bottles. Virgin Vapor is one that I'm aware of.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread