Best mod to use with an Atlantis tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm new to vaping but I've done a lot of research and talked to a bunch of people who vape. I've also had some experience with pretty much every kind of ecig; blu, halo, boxmods, and my friend's MCV philippines panzer w/RDA.

I decided I didn't want to drip, so I went out and got an Atlantis and some OMEGA Breeze (peach + melon, I recommend it). I ordered a panzer clone on amazon, it showed up, and it ended up being a piece of ..... I cheaped out, it was only $30, so I guess it's my fault more or less.

So now I need some advice on what mod to get that will work well with my Atlantis.

In case it matters, I'm almost certainly going to stick to 3mg/0mg juice and I have those purple EFest 18650 Li-Mn batteries to use. Right now I'm borrowing my buddy's Clopur mini. I must admit, the USB socket is a big plus, but I really like the look of the mech mods better on average.

TL;DR I'm not a complete noob, and I'm wondering what mech mod would work with my atlantis tank and 13650 batteries. I vape mostly 3mg.
:rickroll:

I lived my Atlantis, but sold it to a friend who wanted a second one. I honestly feel it works best in a regulated mod at 20-30 watts depending on your VG% but if you want a really nice mech setup that looks the absolute tit's with the Atlantis I can recommend what my best friend got which is a Viscious Ant Phenom in either all stainless or the mixed brass stainless wither way it looks amazing, and hits like a train. He also uses the purple efest batteries.

P.s. that was my friends first Vape setup lol! He asked me what woukd be a top notch quality setup that he didn't have to rebuild with, and that's what he got. It is a super sick bit of kit!

Metimbo

Jan 5, 2015
Memphis, TN
I am using the Atlantis on the Aspire CF Sub Ohm battery. It's all of like $35 and is pretty much made for the Atlantis. It's great and you charge it with an Ego style charger. It is basically a mech mod with a little bit of protection. It is recommended for .3-1.0 ohms (although I am running a 0.27 at the moment fine). Cheap and easy.

~Metimbo

Psyphon

Jan 5, 2015
Orlando
I've been rocking my stingray x for a while now, and it was such an upgrade from the Tesla steampunk I had just prior. It definitely is happiest with higher vg% liquids is all I can say, otherwise it tears up the coils with sizzles and pops. The 80/20 liquid I'm currently using is amazingly smooth from a fresh to a dead charge too. So much love for the Atlantis, especially with the larger tank upgrade (who wants to be re-filling every hour?).

Eximius

Jan 29, 2015
New England
I've been rocking my stingray x for a while now, and it was such an upgrade from the Tesla steampunk I had just prior. It definitely is happiest with higher vg% liquids is all I can say, otherwise it tears up the coils with sizzles and pops. The 80/20 liquid I'm currently using is amazingly smooth from a fresh to a dead charge too. So much love for the Atlantis, especially with the larger tank upgrade (who wants to be re-filling every hour?).

Check this link out, it's not authentic but it pretty decent quality. I showed it to the guy at the local vape shop and he compared it to the clones he was selling. Mine won that battle. I can't speak much for the finish on it because I've only had it for about a week but she hits great.

Stingray X Mechanical Mod Infinite Clone – Subsonic Vapes

I'm vaping high VG right now but that could change...probably not though. That Aspire battery is probably relatively durable being carbon fiber and all but honestly I want something with a little more style....full metal jacket can't hurt right? I'm a college student so I can't afford to buy another one in two months, I want something I won't break.

Also, I got the Atlantis so I wouldn't have to mess with coils, or at least not a drip, but the more I read the more it seems I may end up recoiling these BVC cartos for the best vape anyways >_>

drazinus

Jan 28, 2015
Bridgewater, MA
I'm getting an atlantis tomorrow, as well as a blackhawk clone from a friend of mine for $50 total. He's used the blackhawk and says it's reliable, and the atlantis is an atlantis, he's mostly selling that because he wants to get the new sub ohm batteries. Anyways, the point of this post is I'll post a short review tomorrow of how the atlantis works on my IPV mini 30w mod.

Is the aspire battery 4.7 V? Most mec mods are nominally 4.7 V right? I seem to remember the Atlantis page saying it's only good for between 20 and 30 Watts. 4.7 V on the aspire Atlantis' 0.56 (as measured out of the box by my buddy's cloupor mini) ohm coil would produce almost 40 W if I'm not mistaken. Is that fine or am I going to burn my hand or something?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Is the aspire battery 4.7 V? Most mec mods are nominally 4.7 V right? I seem to remember the Atlantis page saying it's only good for between 20 and 30 Watts. 4.7 V on the aspire Atlantis' 0.56 (as measured out of the box by my buddy's cloupor mini) ohm coil would produce almost 40 W if I'm not mistaken. Is that fine or am I going to burn my hand or something?

the aspire sub ohm mod maxes out at 4.2V. Spec claims it will fire coils down to 0.3ohm which, at full charge, will give nearly 60W by my reckoning..

hth!!

Last edited:

hooplah101

Jan 21, 2015
Denton, TX, 76209

I actually took mine up to the vape shop the other day and used one of the guys box mods, I cranked it up to 45w and it roached the flavor, same at 40w, so the 35w that my 18650 puts out from a 4.2 full charge is the perfect amount for it. Squashed my box mod needs for now, the one nice thing about regulated mods is that you get the same amount until it dies, so no decrease over time like a mech. But I can tell when mine needs another battery just by the flavor production. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread