Best Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxconv91

Mar 31, 2010
California
Looking for an E-cig that will last on a 9 month deployment. The two options that I am leaning towards are the Screwdriver and the EGO. I am not looking for something huge but some thing that will last in an environment that may not be the most forgiving like a house. I like the shape of the EGO and the size. Although, the EGO is not really battle tested and I am worried about the batteries. I do not want to spend a fortune on batteries if I do not have to. That is why I was looking at the Screwdriver. It is cheap and the batteries are even cheaper. As of right now the screwdriver is about as big as I will go maybe the little chuck but it is a little pricey. Anyways, I am pretty sure that the SD will be the better choice of the two but if there is another out there please enlighten me.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
The SD is probably smaller than you think. I've heard amazed reactions to that effect too many times to count from people who have just received their first SD. I had that reaction too, when I bought my first SD back in 2008! :D

I think you could not go wrong getting it, and the batteries are indeed much cheaper than any proprietary battery.

Plus, Trog is still offering that free second body with a full starter kit. The ScrewDriver Online Electronic Cigarette Shop

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I think the Protege V1.1 from Puresmoker would be perfect. Its quite small for a mod... about the same height as a KR808 and the battery tube is only slightly wider than a AA battery.

I can also go a couple days between charges as well.

Its built solid too.

Mine gets banged around in my pocket all the time but keeps on tickin. The only thing you'd have to replace would be the atomizers, but thats a given.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I would suggest you have two PV's considering your deployment. I think the SD would be a very good choice for you main vape. The Protege would also be a good choice. Personally I much prefer 5 volt vaping but if that is not important to you then those two suggestions from the previous replies are definitely good ones.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
I would definitely get something that can take 2xCR2s or 2XCR123As. The reason being that no set of batteries will last 9 months, and you should be able to get disposable 3V CR2 or CR123A batteries locally if need be. They're pretty popular for high-end flashlights, so you can probably even get them from the Army.

woody1911a1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
mass
I think the Protege V1.1 from Puresmoker would be perfect. Its quite small for a mod... about the same height as a KR808 and the battery tube is only slightly wider than a AA battery.

I can also go a couple days between charges as well.

Its built solid too.

Mine gets banged around in my pocket all the time but keeps on tickin. The only thing you'd have to replace would be the atomizers, but thats a given.

sending this guy into combat with a "PureSmoker" product is like sending him into battle with a gun with no trigger !!!!

i'd be taking a pair of Silver Bullets in my hip holsters . BB's in my boots and Ego's in my sleeves .

if there ever was a milspec pv it would be a Silver Bullet . i'm in no way associated with them . i'm just a very satisfied customer . i'm also a less than satisfied customer of Puresmoker .

in all seriousness . please ... this is someone going off to defend our country . get him a decent pv .

cheers Woody

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
on the eGo...I like that the atty shroud protects the atty/battery connection point....that's a big plus in the realm of how physical you're going to be with it (I'm an ironworker, so my job is very physical and my pvs take tons of abuse...)
Drawback is indeed the proprietary battery and the ability to replace it...

Mod wise..I like the superT products (all mechanical (so it can get sand,dust, grime, water, blood in it and be washed out and theres no wiring to go bad), the new ones for preorder are all stainless, he keeps his form factor small) and his warranty is like 3 years..

the chameleon looks nice and sturdy too...

jasezero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
NJ
I would think your biggest problem would be having enough spare atomizers and enough juice...personally i haven't blown more than one in the past 7 months (and i use regular and low resistance attys)...

But i have enough backup equipment to make sure i dont run out of anything...i have 6 18650 batteries, 8 RCR123's, 5 attys of each type i use, and a couple backup solutions for PV's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread