BEST Place For Long-Term Storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Question. If the guy I have bought my 1 liter bottles from can't sell me any flavoring to improve the taste of my stored liquid, and if he can't point me to where he buys it from so I can buy it myself. Can anyone give me a link to a TRUE strawberry flavoring, that I could buy and add to my juice to hopefully improve it's taste? Example is my strawberry yogurt from him like I mentioned above. I can taste the yogurt base, the nic is fine but the strawberry taste is VERY muted/almost completely gone!

Usually when I use his liters, I fill a 120ml bottle and put the rest away. How many drops of flavoring would I want to add to a 120ml bottle? I realize these flavors are concentrated so I don't want to put too much in.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
A few random thoughts here.

Rule of thumb, most of the time if I'm making a fruit juice it's around 3% fruit flavouring, sometimes more sometimes less. 3% of 120mls is 3 1/2 mls.

Measuring by drops is not very accurate, they say 20 drops per ml but drop size can vary quite a lot depending on what you are dripping out of. It would take a lot of drops to get into the 3% range. You would be better off getting a syringe or a small measuring cylinder.

You are aiming to just boost the strawberry flavour though, that would take less and adding drops might be fine. Some flavours need to be steeped for days or weeks before they develop, but fruits generally can be used right away. You could add 10 drops a day until you get where you want to be.

Can't help with choosing a strawberry flavour. I can't taste strawberry very well so I never use it.

some flavours fade quickly. Lemon has a reputation for doing that. Don't know about strawberry. That might be part of your problem, maybe some of your juices include flavours that are quick faders.

If your supplier won't give you the exact recipe maybe he would give you a helpful clue, like tell you which brand of flavoring he uses. They tend to be protective about their recipes but he might be willing to help if you are just having trouble with one flavour in the mix, especially when you bought so much.

Premixed juices tend to have larger amounts of flavoring than people use to mix their own. They have to cater to new vapers who need to be hit in the face with flavour.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Unfortunately you will get a different 'true strawberry' from everyone, you really need the maker and name of his strawberry. I've seen it pretty well agreed inw shisha strawberry is pretty good, it took me maybe 30 strawberries to find I was mostly strawberry blind, the best one for me is flavorah alpine strawberry, but it's expensive, although it takes very very little to make a good liquid. If you can't get the exact strawberry used by the seller I think your ticket is to buy 5 popular strawberry flavors, buy 20 empty 10-15ml bottles , use bullcity flavors, search by popular, read reviews there and at eliquid recipes, find the good starting percentages for each type of strawberry at elr, and start making small batches, write down exactly what you add, and once you find it then you can scale it up.

I must've said it wrong, leaving liquid OUT of freezer causes it to darken, it gets more of a pepper taste and gets harsher, seems agreed its because nicotine oxidizes, when keep below freezing the liquid gets very viscous, more like a solid where air doesn't move around. I've seen this a lot, I can still vape a brown liquid, so it's not the end but still definitely want to avoid. Some folks keep mixed liquid in fridge, I never understood why, it does make sense if you're buying large bottles of mixed liquid maybe, any more than you'll use in say 6 months, will darken at 70f

Last edited:

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
My 60, 120 & 500 ML bottles seem to be fine (the 60's have exp dates of summer of 2023). It seems to be the juice I got in the liter sizes that is the issue after further investigation today. But I think I have way too much stuff and I need to cut back some, there is no way I can vape all of this stuff by next summer. I never really thought about exp dates when I started to stock up.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My 60, 120 & 500 ML bottles seem to be fine (they have exp dates of summer of 2023).

If I were you, I'd definitely disclose that expiration date of summer 2023 for the 4 500mL bottles of eliquid you have in the Classifieds. People may also want to know what the PG/VG ratio of them is, too. I don't see either of those things in your listing.

Reactions: Drewps5co0tt

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
The 500's I just listed were purchased this month (2 of them) and the other two a couple of months ago (no exp date on the label). Yes if I sell off some of my 60's I would put the exp date no doubt (I have close to 100 of them). I only have a few 120's (which I'm keeping). I'll have to fix the above post, I didn't exactly write that first sentence in the order I meant to.

Last edited:

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Uncle...I watched that video. I think I could actually do this! :) I believe in his video, he used VG based nic, isn't it recommended to buy/use PG base nic instead? I think I would want to start out by using some of the one shot flavorings. He seems to like Liquid Barn but they don't sell nic base PG or VG anymore so I'm not sure where to get that, but I assume I would want a liter of 100MG/ML, or should I start out with smaller amounts since I'm a beginner? I'll look into this more later but I'm a bit excited now. You might have just created a new obsession with me.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
isn't it recommended to buy/use PG base nic instead?
PG is easier to work with because it's thinner & so pours more easily.

I assume I would want a liter of 100MG/ML, or should I start out with smaller amounts since I'm a beginner?
100 will get you farther & save freezer space. You need to be just as careful w/ lower concentrations. Start where you're comfortable starting.
Or did you mean a smaller amount than 1 liter rather than a smaller amount of mgs/ml? You could start w/ less to see if you like DIY, sure.

BTW I like 60VG and up e-juices. I don't know if that makes a difference regarding buying nic in PG or VG base?
It would just change how much vg & pg you add to get the ratio you want.

nic base PG or VG anymore so I'm not sure where to get that
List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

jakepaul02

Aug 25, 2022
Freezer does not break down the flavoring. Infact, my favorite flavor of ice cream has been sitting in the freezer for about 5 years now. It is still as good as the first time I had it. However, I don't think a commercial freezer is as good as it is made out to be. I would stick to storing it in the fridge. If you are worried about the temperature, then measure the temperature and make sure it is around the recommended storage temperature of the juice. If you are really worried about the flavor, then store the juice in an air-tight container out of direct sunlight. Edit: Just read your other post and it seems that you are worried about the temperature changes in the fridge. Since there is no way to make sure the temperature is constant in the fridge, I would just store it in an air-tight container. Take it out of the fridge every one or two months and let it come to room temperature. This way, you are making sure that the juice does not get shocked in the fridge and you are also making sure that the juice does not go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread