Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
In my experience, the Aspire Atlantis tank chucks more clouds than the Kanger Subtank. That's because I prefer a cooler vape and the Subtank runs much hotter than the Atlantis, so I have to run the Subtank at a lower wattage than the Atlantis. The Atlantis 2, with a 0.3 ohm coil can be run at 70 watts easily. For flavor, the Subtank has an edge over the Atlantis.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I priced this from fasttech. The mechanical mod and the RDA are clones, but the rest is authentic. You will still need a screw driver, needle-nose pliers and a good pair of scissors. That's the equipment on a budget. Make sure you watch a lot of videos and ask a lot of questions until you feel really confident before you even start your first build. Oh, and make use of this Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Stingray X mech mod - $26
Dark Horse RDA - $16
VTC4 x 2 - $18.50
Nitecore D2 charger - $20
Coil Jig - $6.50
Ohm meter - $6
Cotton Wick - $2
24G Kanthal - $4

Total - $101

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I priced this from Fasttech. The mechanical mod and the RDA are clones, but the rest is authentic. You will still need a screw driver, needle-nose pliers and a good pair of scissors. That's the equipment on a budget. Make sure you watch a lot of videos and ask a lot of questions until you feel really confident before you even start your first build. Oh, and make use of this Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Stingray X mech mod - $26
Dark Horse RDA - $16
VTC4 x 2 - $18.50
Nitecore D2 charger - $20
Coil Jig - $6.50
Ohm meter - $6
Cotton Wick - $2
24G Kanthal - $4

Total - $101

OP wanted no mechs and no rebuilding which is why it was a *little* difficult to answer.

Reactions: WillyZee

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
... Crazy clouds for $110, with no mech and no RBA?

That's going to be tough.

An Aspire Sub-ohm or Ego one is a regulated mod, non adjustable, that can do a .5 ohm coil that is pre-built. But I haven't personally used either. The guys at my local B&M say people like them. Maybe it is a good choice for you?
Subtank mini has premade coils that blow decent clouds. Couple that with a 30w mod and you get decent clouds. I'm running mine on a cloupor mini right now

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Not to mention the RBA section, if you choose to go the rebuilding route.
Fair enough. OP I promise you rebuilding isn't as hard as it sounds. Granted I don't make perfect coils. But it intimidated me at first and I resisted it. But I can honestly say anyone with a decent amount of experience should eventually rebuild. It's cheaper and you can customize your vape more.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Fair enough. OP I promise you rebuilding isn't as hard as it sounds. Granted I don't make perfect coils. But it intimidated me at first and I resisted it. But I can honestly say anyone with a decent amount of experience should eventually rebuild. It's cheaper and you can customize your vape more.

In the times when someone really doesn't want to rebuild -- typically from fear or just being overwhelmed -- I tell them to find the nearest (credible) vape shop. For new vapers, the vape shop should be the hands-on source for learning (besides doing it yourself).

If there aren't any credible vape shops near you, find an experienced vaper. If you can't find one of those, welcome to ECF -- experienced vapers abound.

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
just an idea for budget set up priced from fasttech:

Authentic DOVPO Mini 50W VW - $45.58
Authentic XTAR VC2 2 Slots Li-ion USB Battery Charger w/ LCD Display - $17.60
Atlantis V2 Styled Sub-Ohm Tank - $11.12
VTC4 18650 batteries x 2 - $18.50
Replacement Coil Head for Atlantis V2 Clearomizer 0.5ohm 10 pack - $16.12

Total: $108.92

Reactions: NealBJr

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yeah, I have a bunch of sub tanks (they're just so cheap!), and I can say that the Matrix is my 2nd favorite tank, 1st being the Herakles. That being said this is the first time i'm hearing about the Crown, i just had to google it, I take it thats your favorite tank?

Yes it is. It's not even close. And they are coming out with an RBA head too (sometime in the near future).

I've owned at least 6 of the big name subohm clearos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread