Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I've been using 5ml tanks with double punched 2 ohm dual coil cartos for a couple years. I swear it seems like the cartos are more cheaply made than they were, but whatever the problem is, I'm not getting as much satisfaction from cartos. Sometimes I have to toss new ones because they just don't hit right, or they last one day then clog or don't fire up right. I want to try a bottom coil system for my Lavatube HV mod, that at least handle 5 volts. I don't know which one to try, money is a little tight and trial and error is not a good option right now. I'm wondering if a bottom coil gives dry hits, if they last long and are easy to fill. I can't figure out how they work without a wick. The only other things I tried were kanger and vivi nova top coil, and the dry hits were overwhelming for me, others love them but I don't see why. Should I stick with cartos? Maybe try a different brand? (suggestions) A single hole single coil if I could find them with a little bigger of a hole. The only ones like that I found didn't have the flanged bottom. OK, long winded, but I need some help. I've been buying from CCV 15 pack of carts for $25, smoktech or smoktek, not sure. Maybe there's a better carto? Maybe the bottom coil tank is better? That's where I'm at. Thanks for any help. PS Juices are usually 60pg/40vg
:confused:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have used carto tanks for over a year now, and recently, I have gotten 4 bad batches of cartos. One was from Smok, and the other 3 from Ikenvape (which are supposed to be the best). I got so frustrated by this, I bought a ProTank2. I am by no means a fan of clearos, but this one does work pretty well.

I also discovered the Sophia, which is used in a carto tank replacing the carto. It is rebuildable. It does use R-NR wire (resistance - non-resistance) wire. However, pre-made coils are available from the maker, By Leo, as are ready wire from Stormy's Vapor Cellar and Avid Vapors. On ready wire, the NR wire is already joined. I got the ready made coils and rewick with cotton every 3-4 days. It works great for me. These are not cheap, about $80 or so US, but it was worth it for me.

Videos on the Sophia:

Sophia by Leo - YouTube

REVIEW of the SOPHIA ATOMIZER by LEO - YouTube

Another option is the Diver v2 (Atmistique) which is similar to the Sophia. It is cheaper. I have not used this one, but there are many reviews on it on You Tube.

Last edited:

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I have used carto tanks for over a year now, and recently, I have gotten 4 bad batches of cartos. One was from Smok, and the other 3 from Ikenvape (which are supposed to be the best). I got so frustrated by this, I bought a ProTank2. I am by no means a fan of clearos, but this one does work pretty well.

I also discovered the Sophia, which is used in a carto tank replacing the carto. It is rebuildable. It does use R-NR wire (resistance - non-resistance) wire. However, pre-made coils are available from the maker, By Leo, as are ready wire from Stormy's Vapor Cellar and Avid Vapors. On ready wire, the NR wire is already joined. I got the ready made coils and rewick with cotton every 3-4 days. It works great for me. These are not cheap, about $80 or so US, but it was worth it for me.

Videos on the Sophia:

Sophia by Leo - YouTube

REVIEW of the SOPHIA ATOMIZER by LEO - YouTube

Another option is the Diver v2 (Atmistique) which is similar to the Sophia. It is cheaper. I have not used this one, but there are many reviews on it on You Tube.

This is the second time I've heard about the Sophia. I will have to investigate further, thanks for the links. $80 is a lot, but if it's worth it I'm in.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
If capacity isn't an issue - you might want to check out the new Mini Pro Tank 2 (with replaceable tip) has been a very surprising delight for me - of course rebuildable or just buy replacement coils.

I rebuild 1.5 ohm (ala Rip tripper - youtube) and at only 8 watts a great tape.

Only been using for a week - so time will tell.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
If capacity isn't an issue - you might want to check out the new Mini Pro Tank 2 (with replaceable tip) has been a very surprising delight for me - of course rebuildable or just buy replacement coils.

I rebuild 1.5 ohm (ala Rip tripper - youtube) and at only 8 watts a great tape.

Only been using for a week - so time will tell.

I would have to get a smaller mod. Volcano Lavatube V2 is a fat mod.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I didn't see any flange so I probably will need new tanks. And I got to admit they all look a little intimidating to me. Like, idk, complicated or somethin' - I like easy to use, as in simple as hell. haha

What kind of tanks do you have?

I use IBTanked. And not having a flange is not an issue, You just have to remember not to change the drip tip when it's off the mod. Also, I am not into rebuilding too much either, but with the premade coils on my Sophia, it takes a minute or two to swap out the cotton.

However, the Diver v2 does come flanged or unflanged.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
What kind of tanks do you have?

I use IBTanked. And not having a flange is not an issue, You just have to remember not to change the drip tip when it's off the mod. Also, I am not into rebuilding too much either, but with the premade coils on my Sophia, it takes a minute or two to swap out the cotton.

However, the Diver v2 does come flanged or unflanged.

I have about 9 Artimus locking tank systems. I haven't looked at the Diver yet. That Kayfun looked a little bit complicated. Sophia I'll probably try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread